Motor Pics Group 1

GoldenMotor.com

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
It was suggested that I post LOTS of pics of my bike motor since I didn't build it. I already been told my fuel filter is upside down. Here's the first set of 5 pics. Let me know if any more pics are needed to clarification on anything.

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Karen the engine drive chain is too loose, you may have to take out a link. Looking at the first picture I see the tensioner has a bolt through it so moving it to help with adjustment may not be possible.2. The clutch cable won't last long rubbing on the cable stand off, the cable housing should go all the way to the stand off. The first picture in group 4.

Last edited:

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
Thanks Greg. How to I take off a link in the chain? I thought it was too loose too.

I don't know what the "tensioner" is. Can you clarify?

I don't understand completely your comments "The clutch cable won't last long rubbing on the cable stand off, the cable housing should go all the way to the stand off." I know what the clutch cable is and that the part of it running alongside the motor is in a protective spring-looking thing, I'm guessing so it doesn't get hot from motor. But I don't know what the cable stand off is nor the cable housing that you are referring to.

I really need to learn the name of all the parts lol!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
In group five picture four is the chain tensioner, the plastic wheel moves up and down in the slot for chain adjustment.one thing you a need to do right away is remove the white wire from the screw in group six picture two. The white wire is a 6 volt output from the magneto coil and should be isolated by it self, doing that should prevent a short in the ignition system.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
In group four pic one is the clutch cable problem I'm talking about, the black cable housing should go through the spring protector to the seat of the stand off that screws into the engine below the carb. If the housing is too short you can buy cable kits at wall-mart, I pull the cable out of the housing and then cut the housing to fit. The kit comes with the metal end you add on after you cut the housing. Then grease the cable and slide it back in the housing and adjust the clutch, then cut off the unneeded cable.

KarenH

Sep 21, 2014
Orange Park, Florida
GRRRRRR-AAARRRGGGGH! I'm really getting frustrated. Last time I test rode bike after replacing inner tube, I used up all my gas. So, tonight I pedaled 1.5 miles to gas station and filled up. Then my usual cursed luck kicked in and the motor wouldn't catch. It would only run a few seconds then die. And that's not all! My back tire kept locking up. So I guess that has something to do with clutch or throttle??? I don't know. I need help.

Anyone near Orange Park Florida?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
How are you mixing the oil and gas at the station? The best way to mix fuel is to add your oil to a gallon can then add gas, shake it up to blend it all together. Then you shake it every time before you add to your bike.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five

the chain tensioner has some problems. I see an empty hole, and two more bolts here than there should be. I would be concerned with the safety of the frame in that spot, it should not have holes drilled there.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
You can buy a chain tool that will help remove a link. If not, then I have just used a dremmel tool with a cut off wheel.

Make sure you are mixing oil with your gas, if not you won't be getting the lubrication you need.

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
As long as the motor chain is a standard 410 bicycle type chain, you can get a link buster in the bike section of Walmart, usually on the same isle as pedals, inner tubes and mirrors. Pop the master link and start off with removing a single pair of links from the end, reassemble & adjust the plastic tensioner wheel up to take up the chain slack. If your clever enough to keep the clutch engaged and free the master link at the bottom of the chain, you may not have to completely remove the chain or have to rethread the chain thru the motor sprocket. Keep in mind that chain grease gets nasty dirty, so dress accordingly and bring a rag & waterless hand cleaner such as Gojo or Fast Orange with you before you even start, or learn to live with permanant stains on every latex painted surface you touch.

Or ask your local bike shop to shorten it for you.