Just got an offer to buy

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
I just had a dude come into our office to ask if my bike (my John Deere build) was for sale. I guess I'll take that as a compliment. Anyone else get unsolicited offers to buy, is this normal? Just about made my day. Said no, of course, it's my ride home!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've been approached several times but when I say what I'd have to get for the bike that usually ends the conversation. Most folks have no appreciation for what a motorized bike is worth or want to pay it.

Tom

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
True enough Tom, I haven't added up what I've spent building this bike. If I don't know, I can't tell my wife if she asks LOL

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
lot of bikes on CL here running or close to running listed between $150 & $250

makes it kinda hard to sell here, but I mostly just do repairs

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I just had a dude come into our office to ask if my bike (my John Deere build) was for sale. I guess I'll take that as a compliment. Anyone else get unsolicited offers to buy, is this normal? Just about made my day. Said no, of course, it's my ride home!
Hehehe..
That's how I stared my business, people just willing to pay me for the bike I built on the spot.

TIP: Don't ride far if you want that to happen.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man Knightscape. I was worried you were gonna say you sold the JDB. Is to nice a build to sell to folks who might not appreciate her.
(too, to, two? 3 twos, no waiting. I hate English)

I keep thinking you should send John Deer a picture but then think you might get a letter or email from some corporate lawyer.....