Spec sheet

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I was trying to write a spec sheet for my bike. I havent found my tape measure to measure the Length width and height so i just guessed but otherwise from looking at the skyhawk website and claims from vendors this is what i got so far (correct me if im wrong):
SPECIFICATIONS
ENGINE
TYPE AIR COOLED 66CC PISTON PORTED
DISPLACEMENT 66 CC
BORE X STROKE 47 x 38MM
COMPRESSION RATIO 12:1
CARBURETION 14MM SLIDE VALVE & FLOAT
HORSE POWER 4.5 HP/8000 rpm
IGNITION CDI
STARTING PUSH START
TRANSMISSION SINGLE SPEED MANUAL
FUEL CONSUMPTION ~ 100 MPG

CHASSIS
FRAME HARDENED STEEL
SUSPENSION FRONT SR SUNTOUR SUSPENSION FRONT FORK
SUSPENSION REAR HARDTAIL
BRAKES SHIMANO LINEAR V-BRAKE
TIRES 26” X 1.95 MTB SLICK TIRES 60 PSI

DIMENSIONS
LENGTH xx
WIDTH 26.5”
SEAT HEIGHT xx
WHEELBASE xx
DRY WEIGHT 65 LBS
FUEL CAPACITY 0.8 GAL

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Sorry to change the subject, but did you decide against building the electric ripper? That thread got plenty of advice and discussion.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
no just waiting on funds and motivation. This spec sheet is what i turned into the mechanical engineering department at my school to try to generate interest and possibly funding to keep building. They said they were interested. It would be great to get engineers working on advancing bike technology.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Who are these venders? Who did you purchase your engine from ? 12:1 compression ? With a stock head? What head are you running? Carb?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Huffy, he has an Arrow engine. Its got a reed valve, boost porting and a mikuni flat slide carb. I believe it also comes with an Arrow exhaust.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
This clears it up a bit bean . But heres the thing , that info should at the top of the sheet don't you think? And the 4.5 hp engine, doesn't it come with a 15mm SHA clone as I recall?

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
You might be right. I know one of his engines comes with a mikuni flat slide and one comes with an SHA clone, but I can't remember which is which. The spec sheet is to turn into the engineering department at his college. I doubt they will know the difference between a stock motor and an arrow motor. He should put reed valves and cylinder porting on the spec sheet though. These guys are engineers, I'm sure they know a thing or two about performance tuning in two stroke engines and that info would be helpful to them. But its Josh's spec sheet, he'll present it however he sees fit.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
im running the nt carb. Im running whichever head comes with the 4.5 motor from arrow and his torquer 2 exhaust.
The Arrow Motorized Cycles 4.5HP street racer motor comes with a billet head from CR Machine.
It also comes with a 15mm flat Slide carburetor and filter so I am wondering
why you a using a NT carb which won't perform as well?

Why doesn't your spec sheet mention the reed valve?

Last edited:

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
i was having trouble with that carb with air leaks so i used the stock. I didnt know where to put reed valve in the set of info that i had, so i had left it out. Also, i didnt know which head the cr machine head was whether it was the 5.5 the 6 or the 7 so i wanted to find a place in that set of info for that too, so i could accurately calculate the compression but i didnt know that info.

The main reason i reached out to the forum is if someone knows the cc of the chamber in the head. Also if you think i should put more info on maybe indicate where you think it should go or specifically what corrections i should make. like: you should put "intake: reed valve " in the engine section. I just looked at this sheet to model my specs off of:

Attachments

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
Please don't jack my thread...
I thought other people would be interested in a spec sheet....
It does bring up a good point, i dont have access to a dyno but i wonder how much my actual performance is suffering due to the NT carb.
I weighed my bike on scales and it is actually 63lbs with a bit of fuel in the take so its probably about 60 lbs dry. I dont like to keep my tanks full in case of spills so i dont have a wet weight but i could probably just derive that from weight of the fuel.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Sorry josh he came me my bad please forgive me . Your performance suffering because in NT I would say lot . when I first started out and I was running a manic mechanic intake a boost bottle and then I got my DAX RT that was a big difference there. and I'll say this I'll never go back . I don't who he gets his clone carb from but its not want to be a clone their selling on Fea-bay. there should be a thread here on how to tune the clone , if not there should be one . No I won't do it . or contact your supplier .

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Josh, a gallon of gas weighs 6.2 lbs. The larger size kit tanks are 2.5 liters, which is roughly 2/3 of a gallon, so somewhere around 4 lbs with a full tank. If you've got the smaller size tank, I'm not sure how much gas they hold, but most likely you've got the larger tank. Unless you're not running a kit tank, then I've no idea how much gas you can hold. Just a little fyi.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
that is a significant amount of weight. I mean i knew gas wasnt light but i didnt really care too much to factor it in. That makes me feel like i should never run a full tank unless im treking across a few towns. I guess i have the 2.5 liter tank, i thought it was a 3 liter tank though. I know it has the m6 mounting hardware which is much more conveinent than the tiny m4 nuts that don't hold the tank on for anything.