Newbie from Ontario, Canada eh

GoldenMotor.com

vgirl

Jul 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
New here but I already love your forum. There is so much info here. Anyway my reason for joining is simple. I bought my husband a motor kit for his birthday which he added to his mountain bike and it seems I am hooked. I was out at the fleamarket yesterday and found a bike just for me. A 51 Schwinn Panther. So now I am a newbie with a project. I will have a lot of questions. Some just might be a bit dumb but I am trying.

cvlt1

vgirl

Jul 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I have lots of questions as I get to know my bike. I really want to do honour to it's personality. Boy do I have questions.

vgirl

Jul 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nice. I'm not far from there. Milton Ontario actually. I'm just posting some pics of my bike I was thinking of converting. I have lots of questions.

Rex3x16

Jul 1, 2013
Michigan
Welcome, I'm from Michigan. If you ever decide to cross the bridge (its easier for you lol) let me know. We can ride together, I'm about 20-30mins away from it, wouldn't mind meeting up!

vgirl

Jul 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I am just tickled with how friendly everyone has been. And so many good ideas and tips. And I don't know about those border guards. They gave us a hard time trying to get back to Canada one time because they didn't like the looks of my husband's absolutely legal license. Never mind we were taking back an underage kid we didn't have when we crossed in the first place. lol We were picking up my son at Buffalo airport.

Anyway many many thanks for the welcome.

Rex3x16

Jul 1, 2013
Michigan
Lol yeah, I don't like going across. I wonder if they'd let me go with my bike lol, probably would get stripped searched or some weird stuff. And even though I'm new, I do see a lot of helpful people, not your typical A-hole on every forum.

Harley59

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver, bc
Nice to see another woman join the ranks of the infected.
Well Come and I hope that your build goes well.
We are also from Ontario out here in Vancouver. Don't know much about Milton except for the truck stop. Good food, great place to stop in between one place and another.

vgirl

Jul 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:)

Yep everyone knows the Fifth Wheel. It's just about the only reason to get off the highway. Oh and there's the huge ass Mickey D's sign that you can see for miles. lol

We had a blackout here a few years back. Hydro was out for two days and Fifth Wheel had a huge community bbq and fed the town.

Harley59

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver, bc
If it is the power out that I'm thinking of, the whole Golden Horseshoe was out including the better part of Quebec and the Northeastern seaboard of the US. (about 8 to 10 years ago) Middle of summer, we were in Ontario then and remember it well.