Mini Turbo's

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
*rolls eyes and shakes head*
Two-Stroke!
And before you start telling me how turbos work on two strokes because you saw it on youtube,
Just because you can make something operate, does not mean it's a good idea.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
*rolls eyes and shakes head*
Two-Stroke!
And before you start telling me how turbos work on two strokes because you saw it on youtube,
Just because you can make something operate, does not mean it's a good idea.
you must not have heard of the Buddfab Streamliner and their turbocharged 50cc aprilia motor, and a land speed record at Bonneville of 145mph...

http://buddfab.net/buddfabhomepage.html

Attachments

Reactions: SpearrowsPearl

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I wonder how much they spent making that Aprilla motor run like that...and how big a pile of destroyed parts the developement caused.
If it was such a great idea, don't you think you would see more turbo ring-dingers?
4 strokes, yes, but I still think it's a waste of time and money on any two-stroke.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
yeah, but some people argue that a motorized bicycle is a waste of time and money, also.

then there's people like me that think, "lemme just see how far i can go before it kills me..."
I fully understand that viewpoint. I have been known to hot rod some wild things in my day...
I had a fiberglass RC boat with TWO 30cc Husqvarna motors on it. Talk about a waste of money...It was good for exactly one thing.
Making my wife violently assault me when she found the canceled checks!
(It also made me grin every time I started those beautiful little screamers so I guess it was good for two things)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The average bear will destroy his HT two stroke in minutes with an expensive turbo.

Have fun, behave, the choice is yours...

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
I wonder how much they spent making that Aprilla motor run like that...and how big a pile of destroyed parts the developement caused.
If it was such a great idea, don't you think you would see more turbo ring-dingers?
4 strokes, yes, but I still think it's a waste of time and money on any two-stroke.
Look it up. They used off-the-shelf common kit, manufactured by http://www.metrakit.com.au/

It is very common. The world is actually larger and round compared than the flat-earth view of many bike builders.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The world is actually larger and round compared than the flat-earth view of many bike builders.
That very same world gets smaller than Mickey Mouse's jewels when your build is confined to a bicycle frame, though.

I'm one of those guys that _loves_ turbocharging, nothing like hearing that spool. I'll never ever forget the first time I spooled one up.
That scream is nowhere near as loud as the rider's would be should any appendage touch that hot turbo housing, though.

I'm with ProMcCown on this, although I've turbo'd my bike in my head at least a few dozen times :D