Mike. New. Building a Skull Bones cruiser with a Piranah 140cc motor.

GoldenMotor.com

mikec174

Oct 6, 2012
Y.L.
Im Mike. I just got into the bikes with motors a few months ago. My first bike was a white skull bones beach cruiser. I installed a 4 stroke 49cc engine from bike berry. From the day i purchased the kit i was not to impressed, however i gave it a try anyhow. The engine ran ok for a few months then started having problems. My buddy had the same engine from them as well. After a few months he aslo had problems. In my opinion the engines are poor quality knock offs. The staff at bike berry became such a pain to deal with. So now ive taken the motor out and am going to re build this time from the ground up.

I am going to use my skull bones frame. Im using felt 24" wide rimes. The tires are felt thick brick's. Im going to use disc brakes front and rear. Im changing to the springer front end. Also going to be putting on some ape hangers. For the engine this time i will be using a Piranah 140cc 4 speed wit clutch. I am makeing my own mounts for the motor that i will weld in. Once complete i will tear it down and have the frame powder coated orange. the wheels black and springer front end black.

if anyone has done.wee..wee. anything similar or has any input or comments let me know.http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/wee.gif

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
make shure your frame has enough space for this engine they are long also look into lifan and loncin you can get the same motor for less money some with a sweet mikuni carb the engine you listed dosent come with a carb or intake some dont and you need to buy them separately

mikec174

Oct 6, 2012
Y.L.
i am going to drop the lower bar down from the neck and run it flat back to the crank. as for the engine from everything ive read im not impressed at all with the lifan or loncin. im not at all worried about saving money you get what you pay for. and the place im looking at the piranah comes with the carb and i already have a pipe. all i need it a filter. basically though im looking for reliability.

mikec174

Oct 6, 2012
Y.L.
yeah they are copys although so far i havent read anything bad about the piranah. as for the others the reviews werent as good. so thats why im leaning toward the piranah. it seems to be worth the extra money.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
anything bad i have read about the lifans/loncins are usually chocked up to user stupidity normally people kicking the h3ll out of them because they dont know how to start a motorcycle and it kicking back. the one thing to look for is try to get a mikuni carb with any of them mikuni is one of the best motorcycle carb companies on the planet.
in looking to do the same kind of build at some point but with this engine.
its more than some but less than buying the mikuni for it after.
http://www.pccmotor.com/lifan-140cc-engine-motor--oil-coo.html