Bicycle camera mount?

GoldenMotor.com

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
Well I thought it would be nice to have a mount of some sort to use my video camera while on the motor bicycle. Something secure and solid that the camera would be safe on.

This is NOT the mount to buy. Just a heads up. The camera bolt is too long to use on any camera I own without a lot of 'slop'. there is absolutely no way to proper secure the camera and mount on the handlebar. The rubberized feet of this thing lock into place (with much slop) at a 45deg angle instead of a straight up and down 90deg that would plant the feet firmly on the bar.

IMO, pure junk.

Bicycle Camera Road Action Video Mount Tripod Metal Red | eBay

On to plan 'B' with this type. Bought 2 and surely it has to be better, at least functional. This looks like a better simplistic design. Fingers crossed and will report back my findings after I've tried it out.

Bike Bicycle Support Mount Holder for Digital Camera | eBay

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
"plan B" looks cool and for $1 and $1.89 shipping its worth a shot, only thing is its in china and itll probably be awhile before you get it.
Good Luck
Actually (admittedly) buy many things direct from China via eBay. Mostly computer and security/surveillance related items (cameras n DVRs mostly). Most things will be in my box within 10 days tops and only once did I have to go hunt down something I thought took an excessive amount of time to deliver and that was a 3 week wait. Guess I've been lucky? Don't know but find the stated shipping times are usually accurate or a bit faster than posted.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
Still trying to figure out how cheaply I can get a half dozen or so China Girls direct from the factory.... hmmmmm.... The two stroke kind, not the two legged kind! LOL

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've got one of those plastic ones- it's not too bad but I wouldn't put a real valuable camera on it- don't know why it says $51.07 for a price- I think I paid about 3 or 4 shipped.

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Any means that puts a 1/4" SAE coarse thread out by 3/16" to 3/8" and secures to the frame/handlebars/helmet in question will suffice... this IS a DIY hobby, right?usflg