Another Metro Detroiter

GoldenMotor.com

dan283

Aug 24, 2008
Michigan
Hello my name is Dan,
I purchased a 70cc mb this summer off craigslist. I Put a bunch of money into it speedo, lights, brakelights, turnsignals, and most of the parts from my mountain bike(wheels,handlebar, forks, brakes). Its very dependable and I'm confident enough on it to wave and make hand signals. I completed a 76 mile trip on it while up north a couple weeks ago. If your interested it went 52 miles and still had a little gas in the tank before refilling.

I'm finishing up kustom kruiser with granny gears for my parents as soon as I figure out what chain to order. First attempt was wrong chaing too big motorcycle chain.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to post some pictures of your builds. We love motorized bicycle pictures. Glad you joined us....................

dan283

Aug 24, 2008
Michigan
Thanks more mittens.

If you look close its got spring seat and shock forks in front. Heres a pic of bike in trip configuration.

2nd pick is view on one of the far less traveled roads I was on. Way in distance is Lake Huron.

Attachments

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Hello Dan, Welcome to the forum:) The bike I am riding now came out of the big blue gift box, (dumpster). It got a 2nd chance. Rusty, chain frozen parts missing. A LOT of love and it is one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I would not trade it for a new one. The older bikes are made better I think. When the people that made them had pride in what they made. Wow I need a beer. Later, Tramp (c)

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Looks nice, I ride around Lake Michigan when I get the chance. I'm about an hours ride from Silver Lake sand dunes which is a great place to ride. There is just somthing special about riding around large bodies of water...Kelly

sb bikes

Jul 24, 2008
owosso michigan
Nice bike , sounds like you put alot of thougt into the fuction and your needs of the bike . 76 mile trip is something to be proud of. by the way I'm from michigan also .

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
you bike is rad, what are you talking about? you put it together and then rode 76 miles! some guys put thier bikes together and dont ride for 76 seconds before something go's wrong. Great work dan.
jeff

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
I just joined this forum this morning and saw this post. I grew up in Muskegon and have a home in Ann Arbor even though I'm renting an apartment right now in Groton for work. I plan on building a bike and bringing it back to Michigan to ride.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
welcome to the group. where is Groton?
Groton, Connecticut. I'm a long way from home. I just need something for better gas mileage out here, especially since I'm only about 5 miles from work. Once my assignment out here is done (1.5 years) I'll return back to Michigan with this bike to ride all over the Ann Arbor area.

Roger

ralex999

Aug 12, 2008
hey Dan...Welcome to the list. Great to hear that you traveled so far on so little. Happy Motoring....