In general

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Hi people, still around and hope to post some pics real soon. Real icy here and I am a wimp. Really enjoy the post here. Learning loads. .trk

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
I came to Athens yesterday to get a motorcycle inspected by the state and the state inspector didn't show up, really teed me off. I drove 120 miles to do it for nothing. Anyway if you ever get to Augusta look me up, I've got a garage full of interesting junk. Looks like I'll be back in Athens in two weeks for round two with the state boys.........

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Hey guys reside in Elberton Three of us this close. Being new at this hobby, can you give me a clue on the states' requirements for these critters. All I can find is possibly falling into the moped category ---- motorcycle helment??? Louie ride big bikes? If need to move this to a different part of the web let me know.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Was just through Elberton last fall on my motorcycle going to Calhoun Fall,SC. Havent reviewed Ga laws recently, but depending who you talk to vehicles under 50ccs are pretty much exempt, pedals or not. My daughter had a 50cc scooter similar to a Vespa. Our local tag office said it didnt need registration. The operator must have at least a learners permit, and head protection. A Schnell aproved helmet was not mentioned, so I guess a bike helmet would do. No insurance was required. Better check your local office, this may have changed as she had the scooter several years ago. My Whizzer is theoreticaly illegal, but I have never had an issue I am guessing because it looks like a moped for the most part.