Extended exhaust mounting?

GoldenMotor.com

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
If I installed an extended exhaust, what would I need to do to mount the rear of it to the bike? Is there any issues with these breaking the 2 small studs at the exhaust flange?

Thanks,
Pat

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I welded a strap of metal to the pipe and then drilled and taped the frame rail- very secure, 100's of miles no broken studs at the engine either. On my mountain bike though I used muffler strap just because of tuning the expansion chamber and I'm no to concerned with the looks on it because no one can see it when I'm blazing at 40mph! Welding and bolting in my opinion is the way to go though.

Attachments

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
I welded a strap of metal to the pipe and then drilled and taped the frame rail- very secure, 100's of miles no broken studs at the engine either. On my mountain bike though I used muffler strap just because of tuning the expansion chamber and I'm no to concerned with the looks on it because no one can see it when I'm blazing at 40mph! Welding and bolting in my opinion is the way to go though.
Hey I recognize that expansion chamber on that red cruiser. Hows it going Mike?

Pat

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Hey I recognize that expansion chamber on that red cruiser. Hows it going Mike?

Pat
Doing great! Hows your bike doing? I hope running well! I see you are not liking smelling like 2 stroke mix! Personally I've never really noticed but I'm in construction and work on these bikes daily not to mention my Az allergies! With this pipe exiting just behind the rear tire and pointing straight down to ground I think is about as far away from the exhaust as you can get. I dont know about excessive heat problems because of a long pipe. I have run it over 20 miles one way with a 100lbs in the trailer and never noticed any excessive heat symptoms. I also havent noticed any power loss but the expansioin chamber may have made up for that if there was any. We will what it does in the az heat this summer 91 today so its on the way!
If you need any help welding up some brackets or anything just give me a call!

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Doing great! Hows your bike doing? I hope running well! I see you are not liking smelling like 2 stroke mix! Personally I've never really noticed but I'm in construction and work on these bikes daily not to mention my Az allergies! With this pipe exiting just behind the rear tire and pointing straight down to ground I think is about as far away from the exhaust as you can get. I dont know about excessive heat problems because of a long pipe. I have run it over 20 miles one way with a 100lbs in the trailer and never noticed any excessive heat symptoms. I also havent noticed any power loss but the expansioin chamber may have made up for that if there was any. We will what it does in the az heat this summer 91 today so its on the way!
If you need any help welding up some brackets or anything just give me a call!
Alright. Thanks buddy. Bike is great. I love it. I ride it 20 miles a day to and from work.

Pat