Need Help

GoldenMotor.com

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
The MTB in the pic looks like a perfect steed for a first build. (Straight forward installation and good vibration absorption).You can get a springer fork or suspension fork for that 1" threaded steering tube.
In stock form, these 2 stroke motors are quieter than a chain saw or leaf blower. The pitch of the exhaust is lower
You can afford a 48cc 2 stroke.
You can add fiberglass (or other) packing to your muffler to reduce high pitched noise
There are posts on this site where members packed rubber between the cooling fins on the cylinder to reduce noise. This actually reduces noise at all rpms.
If all else fails, use less throttle. The China motor purrs nicely a mid-range rpms.

thanks for the info but by MTB do you mean the Grubee or the other ebay one which I think is made by zoom bikes?

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
They're all made by the same few factories in china and it's pretty much a crap shoot as to what you'll get as far as what motor from what factory from any vendor I think. I've read here about people ordering more then one motor from the same vendor (at different times) and each one is different (different castings, head bolts, etc.) even though they were supposed to be the same engine.
As far as I can tell some sellers just put their own sticker on the cases when they get them in. But I'm 100% positive not one single vendor makes them or has much input as to how they're made.

Prettyboy

Aug 31, 2009
New Jersey
Yeah I guess that's true but now I'm debating if I should get a engine because I don't want cops busting my balls because it's loud and considered a moped.