HT china girl centrifugal clutch mod

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Ok guys i am back , itsbeen like 9 months or something lol
Yes i did re enlist in the army for another 6 years and went to an non commission officer course for a premotion.
Also i moved to a much larger home and wow ! Man do i have a huge shop now !!!! Although there is no bulk head to roll large bikes and quads in and out of i do have a covered garage.

Anyway i am working on completion of that gt5 hybrid with the stuffed case and uniuqe piston mod and decided i want it to go in my trike frame , now i dont want to go 50 in a trike and i want it to be easy for my fiance to drive so even though this is an ultimate performance build useing only stock modded parts i will install a centrifugal clutch and gear it way low to keep it at around 25 mph at max 8500 rpms.

This engine is a top end motor and will be lagging on the take of with the stock cent clutch , i want to be able to take off with ease and that means makeing the clutch engage at a later rpm to allow the motor to get higher up the rpm range. ......

Has anyone tried modding the happy time centrifugal clutches by drilling out and rebalancing the clutch shoes ?

If so let me know where you drilled and what size bit that was used and the aproximate grams removed from each shoe.

Also lastly, what is the stock clutch engagement rpms

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Also with the centrifugal clutch can u do away with the clutch lever all together and still bump start it or would you need a pull start

Neptunati

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas city
I'd like to know too. Are there any Dremel mods for the clutch? Also that's a great question op. What's the stock clutch lock up rpm? I'd say about1800-2000 .

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
You won't need a high engagement. I promise. My 48 cc pulls me from a stop on a relatively heavy bike.

You can not do away with the clutch, but you can, in theory, remove the lever. You can only bump start it with a clutch lever drop (just like stock) or get a $15 pull start mod.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Alright thats the plan cause i have a wot motor for a drag trike but iwant it just for show, ie.. to go fast and sound good and just look good and for anyone to be able to pull start it and twist and go.

The plan once tuned in would be to do away with the clutch lever and cable to clean up the bars so it will be pull start only and then progressively drill larger and larger holes into the shoes mabey 1/6 to 3/32 at a time till it engages at MY desired rpm , this engine is a drag motor and severly lacking on the low end so a high engagement will be needed. Or it will bog i fear.

Just wondering if someone has done this alrsady and recorded there results.

And if the stovk clutch engages at 1500 to 1800 than thats way to low for me and should snap in a little harder at around 2500 to 3000

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thoughts on my experience .

First on the pull start be sure the crank has enough threads sticking out of the mag rotor to accept the starter cup. My engine didn't.

Secondly my engine idles around 1800 so I imagine engagement is in the low 2000s.
Depending on ratio your may get clutch shudder/pulsation when pulling from stop. Pedaling eliminates this. Probably not an issue with a lower ratio, my bike is geared fairly high.

I did Dremel a small keyway in the hub and mod a crank key to fit. Probably not necessary for most engines but might consider it on an highly modded one.

The Sprague clutch rollers are a pita if they get out(count on it). They and the clutch drum bushing need to be lubed. Always use the clutch removal tool(comes with the clutch) to remove it.

The auto clutch is a great mod. Works well and is basically trouble free. I like having the manual clutch as well. Keeps the engine narrower and less complicated, but would be necessary in your build if you don't want the manual clutch system.