Dax Little devil f80 VS regular F80

GoldenMotor.com

Bakermcmahon

Aug 23, 2015
maine
Hey, I've been looking for a good motor and i have decided on getting a kit from ThatsDax.com . I'm gonna mount it on a KHS montana mountain bike and get a 1 gallon gas tank. The only thing left is which kit to get. I was first thinking the regular F80 which is a 80/69cc motor. I'm pretty sure its just a normal 2 stroke kit. However, i found the F80 "Little Devil" kit. To my knowledge its the same kit but, uses upgraded parts. Has anybody had any experience with these kits could you say the pros of the new kit.(Higher MPH, Higher MPG, Better parts, Etc). As well as if ones more difficult than the other. Thanks.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
The Little Evil kits are the same basic engine but with upgraded head and carb installed so it will be a little bit quicker. These are upgrades you can do on your own if you have the tools and the know how, but these are good engines either way.

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
I've been curious for months. If I were to buy the F80 engine block only on page 1 of his parts page, does he do the same work as the engines for the f80 premium super duty engine and little evil kits? For the Premium super duty kits it mentions its hand drilled and balanced, upgraded japan bearings. And for the little evil it mentions that and skirted pistons, and minus the japan bearings.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
All of his engines and bottom ends use the drilled and balanced cranks, and the cranks he sells separately are also drilled and balanced. Whenever I build a performance engine it's Always based on a Dax bottom end, and If for some reason I need to replace just the crank, I'll buy the Dax cranks because there's that much of a difference how smooth the engines are. My engines will free rev past 11,000 rpm easily and on the street they can run up to over 10,000 rpm. One of the major factors in the engines being able to reach those rpm's is how well they are balanced. They also run very smoothly cruising at 35+ mph and 45+ top speeds are easy to obtain using a 40T (I hit 43mph off a 44T as well) rear sprocket which means acceleration is also really good.

Usually for the price, if I get anything with crank or lower bearing problems it's more practical to just replace the bottom end with a Dax bottom end and bypass buying the good bearings, taking the engine apart, swapping out the crank, and putting it all back together since good bearings are going to cost at least $20 for the set and the balanced crank costs $40 by it's self so it does save a lot of time to just replace the bottom end that costs $69