shwinn stingray 80cc wiring

GoldenMotor.com

forehead949

Feb 7, 2009
San Ramon
hey guys,
i have completed my 80cc engine kit on my stingray bit im no about to start it up until i have the wiring done right, but the kit's directions contradicts the advice given here and contradicts the colors of the wires in my kit. i just want to know if you guys have a clue of what i have to do

i have this set up:

kill switch: one yellow/red and one greenish
CDI: one black and one green
Motor: one black, one blue, and one white. (i guess the white one can be taped off)

if someone could help me out that would be appreciated. its my first build and the wiring is weird. thanks.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
If we are talking about a Gru Bee ,the white wire is the killbutton/lighting supply. (Shh- It isn't really an 80cc) If Stingray means a fork that has a 20" wheel but could accommodate a 26, you might be interested in putting a caliper brake on as I did. I machined a couple grooves to fit the fork struts in a piece of magnesium and another for the front of the fork. I clamped the 2 together and mounted a caliper on the backside. The mount can be done differently to escape having to machine it. Steel could be bent to fit the struts. I just had lots of mag and it's fun to machine and cut. A tab mounted could hold a fender. In my case, I still need to cut a crescent from the plate to fit the fender contour.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
hey guys,
i have completed my 80cc engine kit on my stingray bit im no about to start it up until i have the wiring done right, but the kit's directions contradicts the advice given here and contradicts the colors of the wires in my kit. i just want to know if you guys have a clue of what i have to do

i have this set up:

kill switch: one yellow/red and one greenish
CDI: one black and one green
Motor: one black, one blue, and one white. (i guess the white one can be taped off)

if someone could help me out that would be appreciated. its my first build and the wiring is weird. thanks.
Black to black

Green to Blue

Yellow/red, (kill switch), to white (engine)

Greenish, (From kill switch), to ground (engine case).

Jim