Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
5.5" between the fork legs. It's a little tight, but it'll do me. LOL

Spokes, bobber seat, more bike frame tubes, bottom bracket cartridge, motor mount and drop out plates are in route.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The keys to the Motorcycle Monster Fork Kingdom are now mine! MINE! LOL

Headtube:

Size: 2" OD x 7"
Cost: $3
Bearings: 78' Suzuki SP 370 (could just as well be ANY motorcycle make or model though) - Tapered Roller

Fork Crown:

Type: 78' Suzuki SP 370 (could just as well be ANY motorcycle make or model though)
Cost: $9

Life's too short to be dinking around with bicycle bearings and wondering whether or not they will fit or even work.

Did the bearing race just plop inside the tube like it was custom made? H3ll no it didn't...... but it's in there now. dance1

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't know what to say about this front tire other than I think I lost about 5 lbs of sweat getting it mounted on the rim. What a PITA. Lacing and truing it was a walk in the park by comparison.

I'm too tired to type anything else after that all day affair.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Tire looks good! Some of these are pretty rough lol. I have been at war beforelaff:-||
Goat I'm at war with the Streets of L.A. and I intend to win it for good this time! I'm not talking about cagers, I'm mean the actual streets themselves. They almost killed me on my last bike. Luckily I only got a bloody ankle and a badly bruised ego out of that skirmish. LMAO

Combined Load Bearing Capacity:
At max. 32 PSI - 988 lbs.

Combined Weight:
40 lbs.

Total Combined Cost (everything as shown):
$375

Speed Rating:
93 MPH

Tire Height:
25.5"

Time to complete the 2nd Wheel:
1/10 the time of the first wheel. WINNING!

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
206mm Axle with a 24 Tooth Billet Chainring Bling to clear the tires girth on the pedal side of my motorcycle.

Yes officer, this is a motorcycle that you can pedal. Yes I realize the chainring is the size of a coke can officer. LMAO

.flg.usflg

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
practice makes perfect!!!

lookín good mike--

just curious --can a fancy tire shop hydraulic tire machine mount tires such as yours on such a rim????

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
practice makes perfect!!!

lookín good mike--

just curious --can a fancy tire shop hydraulic tire machine mount tires such as yours on such a rim????
A car tire mounting machine would not work or a motorcycle tire mounting machine either for that matter. I'm rolling on bicycle hubs so a machine doesn't exist that I know of for bicycle hubs. There's a spindle that goes through the center of the hub for cars and motorcycles hubs, so neither machine would work.

Buba how's your 20 bike builds coming by the way? We're all waiting for your masterpieces to reveal themselves!

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've got a TIG, I don't screw around with MIG welding anymore, but its a good start anyways, it'll weld a bike frame better than a gas torch anyways. Just want make sure Mike's bike doesn't halve itself at high speed, lol!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've got a TIG, I don't screw around with MIG welding anymore, but its a good start anyways, it'll weld a bike frame better than a gas torch anyways. Just want make sure Mike's bike doesn't halve itself at high speed, lol!
Let me tell you that I will not be installing any motor on my bike for a good while. I'll be looking and listening for anything that remotely sounds like a cracking weld as I pedal it. No way in Hades am I gonna weld it up, bolt down a motor and hit the road. I do not have a death wish. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike.....what engine mount is that and is it self-fabricated? I'm asking because it looks like it has some length to it....

Mike
You are correct. It is lengthy. Got it off ebay. 12" x 5" x 1/8".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Motor-Mount-Plate-Engine-Plate-Go-Kart-Racing-Briggs-Animal-Engine-Clone-/190770569312?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item2c6acfe060&vxp=mtr

The other primary mount is a standard motorized bicycle 4 Stroke mount with the plate removed and replaced with 1/8" Angle Iron cut to 16" to allow any motor to be flat mounted. I don't need no stinkin' fancy billet mount clamps or crazy engine mounting angles. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Lol. I wonder if the holes in that plate will match the 79cc predator.....
That's a very good question. I can't get my hands on a 79er cause I live in Cali and it ain't "C.A.R.B. Approved". Yet there are thousands of 2 Stroke Leaf Blowers, with off the charts pollution levels, running loose in LA. It's crazy.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
IT AM WHAT IT AM, AND ALL IT WILL EVER BE.

Stretched, drilled, welded, and painted. Flat mansion sized real estate for anything and everything.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Last edited: