not to impressed with first kit looking for upgrade

GoldenMotor.com

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
The flanges on the motor where all messed up some of them where bent and cause I didn't know it was made out of cheap material I snapped a few off trying to bend them back.
Also I should of probably over looked every nook and cranny of the engine the other day I notice a small hole near the intake I don't know if it penetrates into the cylinder and I also don't know if it was there from when I got it. And I was thinking the same speed demon is probably to best as far as shipping rates go. I'll def get the 66cc this time.

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
yo... Canadian here,

I order through...motorizedbicycle.ca. I checked out speed demon and have to say motorizedbicycle.ca is cheaper (free shipping on all kits) and the kits have more stuff in them. And they are Grubee Skyhawk engines.

I have GT2-A. (48cc) nothing wrong with my kit or motor. ran great right outta the box.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
It sounds like all you really need is a new jug, although (as far as I know) losing a few fins shouldn't matter much to the motor you have. Can you post a pic of the hole you mentioned?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless you've removed more than 10% of the total cooling fin surface area a few missing fin edges won't hurt anything but the looks of the cylinder. I wouldn't waste my money on replacing the cylinder unless you're very concerned with the aesthetics.

Use a side grinder with a flapper wheel and smooth things up and you'll be good to go. There have been builders who have rounded off the square fins to give the cylinder a more cylindrical look and they've never had cooling problems.

Tom

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
a Cinderellalook ???
Mike and I have reviewed the man in the horses what shall I have them do police search village or just landlooking for the fender bender

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
ok if your not happy with the 50cc then the 66cc is no going to be much better lol....

if its wow!!! preformance your looking for your not going to get it from a china girl without throghing tons of money at it and by the time your done you could have bought a real motor lol..

a denardis 50cc ktm replacement motor

a honda gx160 or 200 or preddy clone 212

or the least money best option easy fit would be a dax f80, 69cc with a puch 70cc hi hi head and an expantion chamber exhaust and a reed valve kit from arrow. thats about the best you will get from this type of motor.

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
now heres the deal ...
you can spend 600$ on a dax balanced motor, a puch hi hi head, an reed valve kit and 3rd transfer port jug, a larger carb, a ramped cut ported piston, upgraded hub adapter, and have a fast kinda powerfull motor that will require constant tune ups.

you can spend 600$ on a denardis 50cc air cooled motor and have tons of raw power and reliability, and rediculous speed, but must custom weld mounts on your bike.

you can spend 600$ on a preddy 212, aluminum fly wheel, carb and manifold, degovern it, vale train mods for the higher rpms, and a cvt trany,..... and have the most rellable fastest torque monster bike around, but you better know how to build an engine and custom mod one to also requires custom mounts and proper gearing anf tunning of the cvt.

all of thease can be had for the same cost of tossing money at a garbage china girl to go fast . in the end you could have just got a way better motor for the money you spent.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
that is why i am done with my china girl ... its 12:1 comp and modded all to heck and at 8,000 plus rpms and if i go any further with it .... i will loose reliability

so the box full of honda gx160 and gx200 parts i have from my karting days is going to good use this winter with the 212 preddy stroker short block i am getting from NR Racing for x mass !!!!

...........27mm mikuni carb double valve springs roller rockers exe.... aawwwww yyyeeeeeaaah full blown 212 unlimited kart motor on my cruiser bike !

ever hear a strait piped gx200 ripping at 6,500 rpms ?

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
now heres the deal ...
you can spend 600$ on a dax balanced motor, a puch hi hi head, an reed valve kit and 3rd transfer port jug, a larger carb, a ramped cut ported piston, upgraded hub adapter, and have a fast kinda powerfull motor that will require constant tune ups.

you can spend 600$ on a denardis 50cc air cooled motor and have tons of raw power and reliability, and rediculous speed, but must custom weld mounts on your bike.

you can spend 600$ on a preddy 212, aluminum fly wheel, carb and manifold, degovern it, vale train mods for the higher rpms, and a cvt trany,..... and have the most rellable fastest torque monster bike around, but you better know how to build an engine and custom mod one to also requires custom mounts and proper gearing anf tunning of the cvt.

all of thease can be had for the same cost of tossing money at a garbage china girl to go fast . in the end you could have just got a way better motor for the money you spent.

If you've the wherewithal to build bikes that'll take those other two options, then you can build a bike with just about any engine you please. You've reached the point in which it isn't just a matter of if it'll fit, rather that the bike and it's components will all need to be upgraded/modified to deal with it.

There's a middle ground though, 200cc utility engines aren't really an option for most, other than limited track use. With that in mind and realizing that anything other than a kit will require some fabrication there's a bunch of quality small displacement engines available, if your not building a monster track bike you'll not need to replace so many bike parts either.

The difficulty is there's really only the one easy to install in-frame "kit", not a lack of engines lol ;)

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
For those of us who are of slender means the China Girl kits are very much a blessing. Yes they have their faults, but most of them can be rectified with the application of a little intelligence and for an affordable sum of money it's possible to end up with reliable transport.
Years ago it was the Villiers engine here in New Zealand that enabled backyard tinkerers to motorise a bike, but suddenly they're now perceived as being a classic and folk are demanding silly money for them. It hasn't helped either that scrap metal prices have gone through the roof here and a lot of old stuff that people were previously willing to almost give away is now going to the scrap merchants instead.

For some of us it isn't about how fast or powerful we can make a motorised bicycle, it's about being able to build one at all.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
what i am saying is to get one of the china girls to runn like..... wow i am impressed !

it will probably run you in to the range of 600$

the cost of the kit ( DAX balanced motor) 225
an arrow ported jug and reed valve setup 190
a high comp head 40 -90
custom piston for reeds 20

thats over the 500$ mark and there is no labor counted !

for 500 $ i could have bought a preddy a torque a verter and welded it into a frame my self !!! and for a lil more i could have bought a denardis !!!!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
what i am saying is to get one of the china girls to runn like..... wow i am impressed !

a high comp head 40 -90

for 500 $ i could have bought a preddy a torque a verter and welded it into a frame my self !!! and for a lil more i could have bought a denardis !!!!
Ok, point taken, I can see where you're coming from now.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

a high comp head 40 -90

I couldn't disagree with you more on some of the points you made here on price to get a china girl to be fast and reliable on a good bike build.

A DAX engine or MotorBicycleRacing GenV engine ( same as what Dax is selling) itself is just $129.99 + shipping of $20 from dax here in USA but I know will be more to Canada, a 70cc hi hi Puch head is around $30, a Manic Mech type shorty match ported intake is $17.99 from bike berry and around $20 from others, the RT Dellorto Clone carb from Dax is $30 + cable $7.95 with nicely cleaned up ports and a free flowing exhaust, whether expansion pipe or just a straight pipe which can be very cheap or could cost $80 +or- ?

I said all this to say that for $350 or less I can build for myself a very strong reliable running engine if I already have the other basic parts from a kit to get the bike set up, and if not Dax sells all the kit parts excluding the engine for $99 which would still have a good solid build for around the $400 mark.

I know this is the case because I have done it, and have a bike running like this right now that is a powerful 40+MPH bike all day long.

You are correct about the bigger better 4 smokers being a much better way to go for long term reliability and power IF a person has the $'s the tools and the skills needed to do that sort of a build, myself I do have all these things needed and plan to do a couple of these type builds myself in the future, but $600 is about $200-$250 more than it wil actually cost to have a good strong running china girl, reeds and other work will get it up to that but in my opinion not needed to build a strong running engine, just a bit of eye candy and a slight performance gain from what I've seen.
without any of the fancy stuff like reeds I have been clocked at 48mph on my just under $250 china girl build.

With the better balanced engine from Dax or MotorBicycleRacing if one will get the Dellorto clone carb and a free flowing exhaust you will be very pleasantly surprised just how well that set up will perform with a 36T rear sprocket, comfortable 35-40+MPH cruise speed easy to acheive without breaking the bank.

Map .ride7a