If You are rich

GoldenMotor.com

60weight

Sep 15, 2011
Dallas
Hi
What would be Your perfect 2 stroke bike.
Ive wondered while building some...
Lots of things Ive considered...tensioners..carbs...frames...pipes...wheels...
Oh,Im poor. either drink or spend money on kits/parts..smiling..
Cranny? or Dyno? maybe a old bike..
I like the older 49cc motors. They are faster.
Shall I make more income puttin them together like the rest of us?

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My mptorized bikes are for fun and hobby, when I want to get plum serious on two wheels I get on my Harley Davidson and park the Huffy Davidson.....

But I will have to admit, get a bigger kick outta my motor bikes, im always thinking of mods and what have you for the bikes, my 2007 FXSTC softail custom only has a high flow filter, vance & hines big radius slash cut pipes and a screaming eagle race tuner, outside of that its stock and will probably stay that way, seem I want to do the mods to my motorbikes......lol!

When Duane at thatsdax came out with these awesome balanced lowers it was a dream come true for me on the china girl builds, now its easy to build a 40+mph cruiser that is actually comfortable to ride and not break the bank......!

Thats how im rolling lately and loving every second of it......!

Map
.wee.

B Craft

Sep 11, 2013
FL
Look at the GT Meatball urban bike and then have a custom frame built that has an S-curve in the downtube so as to mount the engine down low. Of course these large diameter tubes are aluminum frames.

Then look at an 8-speed internal shifting rear hub with coaster brake. But the shifter needs to mount either on the downtube or near the handlebar stem because the ends of the handlebars are busy enough.

Premium parts available are the clutch lever, throttle, sprocket adapter, and anything that can be found that is CNC machined. Of course there's the choice of fork and front brake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

But since the motorized bicycle is not street legal, consider the Honda CBR 250R with 250cc four-stroke single. But just realize that the bike is full of dorky OEM parts.

For instance, a true race fairing allows the knee to tuck in behind the fairing. Also, this design element of having the fairing tie into the gas tank is a motor-cover element and not a race fairing element.

Other dorky parts are the exhaust, handlebars, footpegs, rear fender, and instrument panel. Well, get rid of anything that is diecast and replace it with CNC machined.

I see a sale price until Sept 22 of $3697.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And then continuing with single-cylinder motorcycles, street bikes can be built using flat-track frames. Take a look at Cheney Engineering for motorcycle frames and parts. But for a street bike get the road-race fork clamps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Dax balanced lower, wide intake upper, ported both piston and cylinder, RSE reed, SBP exhaust, lightweight wrist pin, japanese needle bearing, Mikuni carb, 40t sprocket on the manic adapter, and a high comp head. All that on a GT-LTS frame and I'd be in heaven. That engine build would cost nearly as much as a Morini though.
When Duane at thatsdax came out with these awesome balanced lowers it was a dream come true for me on the china girl builds, now its easy to build a 40+mph cruiser that is actually comfortable to ride and not break the bank......!.
So jealous. I can't wait till I build my next engine with that

Last edited:

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Hi
What would be Your perfect 2 stroke bike.
Ive wondered while building some...
Lots of things Ive considered...tensioners..carbs...frames...pipes...wheels...
Oh,Im poor. either drink or spend money on kits/parts..smiling..
Cranny? or Dyno? maybe a old bike..
I like the older 49cc motors. They are faster.
Shall I make more income puttin them together like the rest of us?
If I was rich, I'd get the Kreidler 50cc 2-stroke. They;ve been modified to produce 24hp if I remember correctly, and have a 5-speed gearbox. Someone built a custom frame on small bike wheels and it'll do 0-60mph in 4 seconds.

However if we're talking strictly HT's, I'd build something similar to 16v's KTM50 cafe racer, but with Arrow's 9hp motors.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dax balanced lower, wide intake upper, ported both piston and cylinder, RSE reed, SBP exhaust, lightweight wrist pin, japanese needle bearing, Mikuni carb, 40t sprocket on the manic adapter, and a high comp head. All that on a GT-LTS frame and I'd be in heaven. That engine build would cost nearly as much as a Morini though.

So jealous. I can't wait till I build my next engine with that
Dax lower, Well ported jug, high quality upper bearing, manic shorty port matched intake, 70cc Puch hi hi head, rejetted NT carb, free flowing exhaust, 34T rear sprocket from kings sales and service, 42+mph dragging my 215lbs thats how im rolling.

And my set up didnt break the bank by any means........ some stuff is just stuff...... and wont add much in the way of performance but a solid well rounded build can be fairly economical and very reliable if done right and 40+ mph top speed is plenty fast on most bikes.

Map
.wee.

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I would do Dax chain drive or a golden eagle.
Not elegant or fast but dependable. (Or so I've heard)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
If I were a rich man, I'd start from scratch. LOL

http://www.haascnc.com/mt_spec1.asp?id=VF-3YT/50&webID=50_TAPER_STD_VMC

If I were a rich man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.

I'd build big kick arse 2 smokes, by the dozen,
Right in the middle of the town.
with fine chrome pipes with real catalytic converters.
There would be kickstart
And an even better e-start
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

If I were a rich man,
Vroom, vroomy vroomy VROOM.
All day long I'd vroomy, vroomy vroom
If I were a wealthy man.
Vroom, vroomy vroomy VROOM. Vroom, vroomy vroomy, vroom VROOM..
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Idle-idle-idle-at the stop light man.

I'd see my wife, my Golde, looking like a rich man's wife
With a proper double-chin.
Supervising meals to her heart's delight.
I see her putting on airs and strutting like a peacock.
Oy, what a happy mood she's in.
Screaming at the servants, "Change his oil, rite!"

When you're rich, they think you really know! (that the fuel filter is on upside down)

If I were a rich man,
Vroom, vroomy vroomy VROOM. Vroom, vroomy vroomy VROOM..
All day long I'd Vroom, vroomy vroomy VROOM..
If I were a wealthy man.
Idle-idle-idle-at the stop sign

Lord who made the lion and the lamb,
You decreed, I should be what I am.
Would it spoil some vast eternal plan?

If I had a VF-3YT/50
Vertical Machining Center; 40" X 26" X 25" (1016 x 660 x 635 mm), 50- taper geared-head, 30 hp (22.4 kW) vector drive, 7500 rpm, 30+1 side- mount tool changer, 710 ipm (18 m/min) rapids, color remote jog handle, programmable coolant nozzle, automatic chip auger, power failure detection module, 1 meg program memory, 15" color LCD monitor, USB port, memory lock keyswitch, rigid tapping and 55-gallon (208 liter) flood coolant system, vertical mill, CNC?

wut?

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
But since the motorized bicycle is not street legal, consider the Honda CBR 250R with 250cc four-stroke single. But just realize that the bike is full of dorky OEM parts.
LOL, my non-rain commuter is a Honda CBR250R (I hate riding in the rain if I can help it). I love the little bike, but you are right, plenty of form-over-function parts there. My only plan for a mod would be dropping the boat anchor exhaust, other than that she stays stock and reliable.

The motorized bicycles, they get tinkered with until they break ;)

If I were rich, I would buy the tools and learn the skills to build a frame myself. And my ideal 2 stroke would be a 4, LOL, I much prefer the sound of a 4 stroke.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I guess part of the fun is the build it's self and the experimentation to make it go fast... Staying China Girl here I'd say start with a fresh Dax bottom end, Massive port timing mods, indexed piston, Fred head, homebuilt expansion chamber, intake bored out to match carb... Wait... I already got that...

Ok... If money wasn't a factor...
CNC billet cases, Balanced and welded crank, CNC billet jug with hard cast iron bore insert and correct transfer port angles, Single ring piston w/ chrome ring, CNC Billet head with matching squish band to the piston, Case induction using KX85 reed box, Custom tuned stainless expansion chamber. Then for the bike it goes in... Full suspension long travel swing arm with Ohlins shock and downhill front end, 240mm dual disc brakes up front, 220mm single disc rear brake, all hydraulic master cylinder and calipers. 26" rear wheel w/ 2.5" wide tire, 29" front wheel w/ 3" wide tire. Jack Shaft swing arm pivot w/ hyrraulic pump and hydrostatic motor on front hub for 2WD... That should be enough to keep me going for a few weeks or so...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
A nice Japanese enduro ported 125cc with manual 6 speed gearbox on a BTR replica.
Motorcycle hubs and HD everything.
And a HUGE gas tank so I could ride it all day long.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I'd take a steel fat bike frame with full sram components, weld on a 2 gallon gas tank. Bluto forks, hydraulic 255 monster brakes with a jackshaft transmission. Brooks saddle, thud buster seatpost, 4 high power led headlights and a bright tail light

Motor is a billet case inducted motor from Bert Rod, balanced crank, skf bearings, billet, cast iron sleeved jug, ported. Billet machined high compression head, lighting cdi, monster mikuni or dellorto carburetor. Uni filter, stainless steel braided fuel line.

Welded motor mounts and welded fenders, billet machined throttle.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I don't think I would have done things a great deal different. I would have had the frame and tins professionally painted. Top of the line wheels and a shift kit. Get a tank custom made or use a GT1 tank frame. Thats about it.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm blessed and cursed with a nerd mind, and if money's not a problem, then a 1920s Bekamo supercharged 2 stroke in a 1920s old fashioned tall bicycle would be my preference.

Last edited: