"how we do it""

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
chopped up about ten bikes today-- mostly bmx ---to use as lugs etc.

last week I got about 350 lbs. or curved radiused 1/2 inch square tubing that made around a 4-5 foot circular base for an in the movie theater promotional figure for an up and coming Disney film ---
all from a new buddy who does such work in his shop of 15 employees including vacuum forming and molding ---- scrap iron price $200 per ton

when the shop built over 400 of them --when they set the rolling machine they had several defective ones each time as they dialed in the roller

the curve is just great for bike stuff --you can bend it in a strong vice and a cheater pipe and the rear stays of most cruiser frames fit perfectly inside for any stretches perfect for rear stays and so much more

top tubes and double and triple top tubes just for fun--go crazy with it!!!!!

I hope to build about another dozen frames in the next week or so then sandblast as before

then it is time to figure out which engine for which frame---- any help ccc????

I just love chopping them up and designing how they can go back together with that special umph!!!!!

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
bairdco I do not know how to post --computer illiterate

neill had promised to photograph last weekend at willow-- that which I had brought --
six original frames and one pedalable cruise/ suspension rear which i pedaled alittle and people enjoyed but when I asked him about taking the photos he said he was too busy soo?????
all in good time I guess????

chopped another 6 bmx and a few girls bikes late this afternoon before my neighbors got their diner on the table - harvesting for parts

now to redesign with assorted metal finds and get welding then sandblast and paint -- clear maybe --after sandblast they look so twinkly--- like sugar rock candy --what I can--
like the last batch of 14 originals and 4 stock bikes blasted 2 days before willow painted 9 Friday 1 day before willow checked the fire engine red marine paint today and they have dried hard fortunately-- I was worried maybe marine paint stayed soft for being in the ocean water but all a-okay

then to figure out what of all the engines I have accumulated best suits which one-- want to help???

I am happy to spread the frames around with various parts, wheels bars, pedal assemblies etc.to complete and see what others do with them????!!! I can only do so much!!!! one person one life!!!!

like with my guitars www.delmundoguitar.com over 20 maestros involved --over 160 original mostly classical guitars and other stringed instrument family instruments completed-- harp guitars as well-
made guitar history
manufacturers like dean and takamine and Kenny Hill , Alejandro Cervantes and Taylor copy what I did in the early 2000's

google delmundo guitar(S)

your caddy is one mean mother by the way-- black and styling

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I see you are making a lot of frames, what are you doing for alignment when welding them together? Are you having any issues when welding them together? Better learn how to post pictures if you plan on selling these.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
selling is not important to me atleast at the moment if ever?????

all that I am learning is what is important now and perfecting that which is being created

alignment like with guitar necks- fretting -neck to body joinery is eyeball- straight edge- and string line
all well within tolerances-- two persons working in concert when welding tack check weld check weld to finish

I would welcome your participation in that which I am having so much fun doing
the burns, scrapes and boobooos don't impede my progress

I cleared a few tenants from some of my space at the building at adams and la brea which blake84 had coincidently photographed his turquoise pickup up against the graffiti mural on the side of my building so there is a shop space in which to work and a back yard area as well!!!! assorted power tools on hand !!!any one care to do something?????

let your mind soar

maybe I should boot them all out- they are behind in some rent--
and create a fab school there--- or a co-op work space or clubhouse or ???!!!!

3000 square foot high ceilinged building with a private alley and 4500 square foot rear yard

what do you think jeff ??? before I allow one tenant to build in a living space for himself he is about to begin his construction but I could stop him in the next day or three!!!!!

time is of the essences any responses quick!!!!!! 720 220 2775

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks racie

I am sure I will figure something out my 15 year old Motorola flip phone which I barely know how to use does not take pictures but my digital camera does and I will get something posted one way or another soon

most importantly I woke this morning and have decided to not allow my tenant to build in that makes for an 800 square foot high ceilinged interior space with 4500 sq. ft backyard partially shaded with private alley centrally located in los angeles availible for that which I have suggested
later today I am going to set about having a business meeting with andy-headtrauma and Jeff-ccc and see where they are at in any and all of my envisioned ventures for the future

all interested parties are welcome to respond or call in that I have posted my telephone number

all this compounded by my travel plans out of the area the 23rd of this month!!!!

time is of the essence at least for said activity here in the usa

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
los angeles riders????!!!!okay I dissuaded the one tenant from living in

800 square feet of high ceilinged space and a backyard of 4500sq ft with an assortment of my cars and trucks--all accessible by way of a private gated alley -- centrally located la.

one tenant next door does exceptional furniture refinishing and patinas to die for

the other tenant on the other side supplies party- table -chairs- tents- heaters-etc
for virtually any sized function

any one care to get involved or do I go it alone???? 720 220 2775

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Buba I have my own thing going on so I really have no interest or time. I wish you luck in your venture and may see you on one of the rides soon. I don't want to crash the moped party so that ones out.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
just got off the phone with neil --he did not overlook me and pictures at willow

without his sole efforts there would be no such motorized bicycle race events in existence!!!!

just look what it takes to not get any responses when there are so many riders in los angeles and vicinity

in any event he has encouraged and couraged me--tomorrow I am headed to T-Mobile to see if they have the smart phone that can take photos and then magically send them to the net or forum for posting and hope they will be so kind as to patiently explain just how to do that sooooo photos should be forthcoming!!!!yeah!!!!!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
los angeles riders????!!!!okay I dissuaded the one tenant from living in

800 square feet of high ceilinged space and a backyard of 4500sq ft with an assortment of my cars and trucks--all accessible by way of a private gated alley -- centrally located la.

one tenant next door does exceptional furniture refinishing and patinas to die for

the other tenant on the other side supplies party- table -chairs- tents- heaters-etc
for virtually any sized function

any one care to get involved or do I go it alone???? 720 220 2775
If you need any of my vast knowledge of nothingness, just let me know. I'd be happy throw my 2 cents in. LOL

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks mike--- let's see what can happen!!!!!

the gmc sure earned her gas today hauled 1500 llbs of pallet rack from downtown to adams blvd.. when the fork lift loaded it in the bed and the hydraulic loft gate the front wheels almost lifted off the ground

paid more than I like 40 cents per lbs. but with no time to wait and hunt further it was well cheaper than the cheapest possible bid of 1100 for wood framing etc>for labor and materials cost in wood joinery anchor bolts etc more than 1600 bucks!!!! $2700 total not including the unforseen???? to do the same thing and with pallet rack you have a commodity with used torn out wood what is the market resale value ?????
pallet rack is the way to go if you can source it for the right price
I like 20-25 cents a pound!!!!
tomorrow it goes in the space and up!!!! then to get all my other sh... over there and appease my most tolerant wife!!!!

more to follow --photos well we will see ????? not much time to put forks, bars, wheels etc on the frames for their honeymoon pictures so time will tell!!!

ride safe

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
if neil is gonna send pics to your new cellphone he could probably just post them here or send them to anyone with one...saving you the funds. Unless you plan on getting the smartphone anyway.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi racie

realized the used ipad my wife was recently given can do pictures and send if she knows how

unfortunately neil did not have a chance to take pictures

mike826 was going to meet me at the adams bldg. at 1 this afternoon and I am sure he could have taken some pictures some way phone camera???but he had to cancel because his wife was expecting an important package which he was waiting for and it did not arrive at 1 sooo I will get some pictures taken before leaving for some travels in one week and get them posted some way or other I wish the frames were further along but I know many peoples are eager to see what I have done -good or bad -so I will get something posted even if it is premature and get some feedback....

I have to mention as well I went around the corner to speak to my neighbor at adams blvd regarding my old garage at the rear of the property that is decaying and collapsing in that I will probably demo and build some cinder block something!!!and when I hailed him from his front street gate the guy approaching was not the one I had spoken to over two years ago when I asked when he had bought the house he said over 3 years ago and then I mentioned "but I had spoken to"the owner" and it was not he -- he said no that it was aj who lives in a smaller house on the fairly big lot
anyway we got to talking and then heard an motorized bicycle approaching I said excuse me I wanted to see who it was I am into motorized bicycles he mentioned he had two - the rider was d3 a good riding buddy-- well great coincidence --after d3 spun out on one of his felts fred invited me in and we discovered that we share so many similar interests ect.
the neighborhood is returning to its hayday years of the 20's--- it was the Beverly Hills
nyc broadway of its day and I am sure in 3 years will rival abbot kinney ave.in venice beach for cool!!!!!! I fear maybe tooo cool!!!!!
well a new creative friend and more to come I am sure...
best

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
today ran downtown to pick up the aluminum sectional garage door to use as shelving on the pallet rack for such light weight things such as wheels
well the yard that had moved it with their fork lift for me to their suggested place near the magnet separator -- the operator did not have a clue so when I got there of course it was missing and shredded all over the giant metal pile

well it was a good day out non the less
2) 5 horse briggs seem like they will certainly run well- various power tool and ventilator exhaust pipe 8 and 10 inches diameter and 8-curves for a paint booth if I should build one

I think a computer driven milling machine-- heavy as well cost around 100 bucks heavy as ****
if it works it could be quite valuable== assorted bikes and frames and low and behold at another yard I got four 20 foot long garage sectioned door pieces destiny??? thank you god

well had my wife help me no zumba today honey ---I have some exercise in mind for you---wrestle the pallet rack shelving into the building along with 10 additional horizontals that the magnet man at the first yard was nice enough to separate from the giant steel pile just like a doctor precision when you see it you better grab it for if you return odds are it will not be there

and after unloading the gmc and getting the pallet rack inside which will need a haircut ceiling is 11-12,5 feet pallet verticals are 15 feet the excess will make great work tables anyway cruising home saw a beat blue toyota pu. loaded with good stuff so after a brief stop with sebastion who is into to mini bikes brought home another briggs slant head engine a firmstrong complete but needing tubes and guess what a surprise I thought just another Schwinn oc but when I got home and looked closer it's a a nirve I do not know what model but a pleasant surprise all for 50 bucks

moving and grooving .....

ride safe and let your mind soar

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
early sunday morning---turns out the milling machine is a shopfox model m1110
the bed is missing but I have the base maybe Monday at the yard I might get lucky and the bed can still be found --- new and complete 1590.00 -- not bad for 40 cents a pound-breakage because it has an electric motor but it should have been iron price 20-30 cents a pound!!!! did not give me a break oh well

maniac57 you there?????

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I just hate when you write something and get timed out so you have to do it all over again!!

ran back to the scrap yard hoping to find the shop fox table -it is not there but the yard manager knows the character who had bought it--
I am trying to get in touch with him to cut a deal--- time will tell???

gave my circular saw and angle grinder a good work out trimmed the pallet rack to size and the left overs will make excellent strong work tables

sweet talked my wife into giving me a hand with some light weight objects that can go into some upper storage tomorrow

also it is crunch time in that I have a sh-- load of stuff to get from my front yard to adams in 6 days before some travels

smart thing to do would be to hire the big rig at uhaul close by and a few big heavy weights and get everything into the rig and thrown out at adams--
always a back up consideration

i hope my back and partially torn -rotor cuff shoulder holds out --it better!!!!

only problem is the big rig will not fit into the alley --- the gmc barely does so a lot of manhandling is in order

racie-- my photographer friend is also supposed to show up tomorrow -- bare in mind whatever eventually gets posted is premature but I feel it is imperative that I post something given all my ranting

the good stuff will have to wait for my return

gas tank business to follow -- I am stoked!!!

ride safe ---sing " this is how we do it" and let your mind soar!!!

Last edited: