New to this cool forum

GoldenMotor.com

The Joker

Aug 21, 2013
Bradford,TN.
Hello. My name is Steve. A friend of mine,Powertool told me about this great site. I've been seeing him riding this bike he put together for more than a year now. So I'm planning on building one. Just got to get a good bike to put a motor on and order a motor. Powertool said he would do any welding on the frame and help me with the build.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the site, it's good to have a build friend. Make sure you post some pictures of your build.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community. Powertool will be a good source of help for you. He's one of our good guys. Listen to him and you'll be good to go. If you need help or advice we're always here.
Let us know how your bike project is proceeding.

Tom

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Hi Steve I too live in Tennessee. Here is our laws if you want to build legal.

Tennessee law 55-8-101 (35):

(35) Motorized bicycle means a vehicle with two (2) or three (3) wheels, an automatic transmission, and a motor with a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters (50cc) which produces no more than two (2) brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the vehicle at a maximum design speed of no more than thirty miles per hour (30 mph) on level ground. The operator of a motorized bicycle must be in possession of a valid operator's or chauffeur's license, and shall be subject to all applicable and practical rules of the road. A motorized bicycle may not be operated on a highway of the interstate and defense highway system, any similar limited access multilane divided highway, or upon sidewalks;

Staton Inc and EZ Motorbikes both have good kits which are legal here. Granted if you obey the traffic laws, don't endanger others or be a public nuisance the cops probably won't bother you. In 2005 my x brother-in-law ran into my brother. Both were hurt really bad and had to go to the hospital. They both got charged with operating an improper vehicle on the public roadways. This happened in Knox county. In court the judge said the bikes were improper due to being over 50 cc and having a manual clutch.

This is the main reason I build legal now. What happened to my brother inspired me to build a bike which could shift multiple gears automatically. I currently have the only motorized bicycle in the world which shifts 5 gears automatically.

I wish you well in your build and maybe we can ride together some day. I'd like to make a video of several of us riding around the track at Bristol during Speedway In Lights around Christmas time.

Last edited: