Bought a new bike kit today

GoldenMotor.com

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
And it had used motor in it. Looks like the piston wall is scored up some. Is This normal thing to get a used motor in a kit. Bought it locally third one but the first two were black motors brand new never ran and they didnt have any of those kits. I was told the only difference between the two kits was the price and color. Pay more for black.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Bernie,

sounds like they're giving you the shaft. And not the one for the crank. 3 motors? 2 didn't work and the 3rd used! As Bronze stated, take it back and chalk it as a lesson learned. Find a different retailer.

Here's a good tutorial on how to set up and fine tune those motors. It's from forum member AI.Fisherman: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
oops sorry they ran but were unused.

I did go in and see what was going on and I guess they run all of them because he brought me another new one that was ran and had a dirty plug and said he opened up three of them and they were all run before to. So I guess they run these before they ship them out? Unless I got a rebuilt one from the tons of returns they get because my black one was new unused.

Not happy with that kit anymore now, we messed it up trying to take it apart and going to get a black one off line and use this one for a later date after it gets fixed. It has bad voodoo. I might not use it at all. Voodoo and everything.

Last edited: