Hi guys

GoldenMotor.com

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Hello. Just ordered an Ebay 80cc motor for my Trek 720 Multitrack thats been collecting dust in my shed for 3 years. I did the bicycling thing for awhile like 5 years ago when the gas prices started getting bad, but quickly got into 49cc scooters, so bicycling has been on the backburner lately.

We had been talking about bike motors alot at work. Started looking at gas motor kits, saw a Youtube video, and had to order it, couldnt stop smiling at the video.

Anyways, wish me luck with the build, kit should be here in a few days.

dance1

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey jdubbya, Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your build, have any questions feel free to ask. We have great members who love to help out and answer any question you might have. Good Luck!

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Started messing with my kit a little bit, its one of the 145 dollar ones from a seller called Boygofast.

Am i reading correctly that the clutch uses the smaller spring for a return on the lever and cable, and the larger one goes over the plasic of the clutch cable itself for heat shielding? I put them both on the cable and arm pull, think it feels a lil tight.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The smaller spring is not neccasery to use, all it does is add resistance. Be sure to lube your clutch cable, they come dry right out of the box. Your clutch may be a bit stiff at first but it should loosen up a bit after a little use.

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Think i got the clutch figured out, but i lost spark somehow, had it running for a few seconds, wondering if i had the kill switch hooked up wrong and shorted something out. Went between the blue and black with kill switch wires

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Lets see.. Magneto, CDI and wiring.

I soldered my stuff rather than use flimsy connectors.

Also .. Check your bolts on the head.. See if they are loose.. I understand we should tighten them after we warm the engine up after a while.

These are things I learned recently not the absolute word!