~ Asinine SkyHawk Sticker ~

GoldenMotor.com

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Anyone have any quick tips on how to remove that Grubee SkyHawk sticker that they slap onto the clutch cover? I thought it would come right off there once the engine warmed up...nope. It peeled and tore leaving the paper stuck to it. I don't want to scratch the clutch cover...any ideas?

--Eric--

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Acetone......and some elbow grease!

That should get it off without scratching things up just use a good rag like terry cloth towel, dont get the Acetone on any paint, it could take it off

Anyone have any quick tips on how to remove that Grubee SkyHawk sticker that they slap onto the clutch cover? I thought it would come right off there once the engine warmed up...nope. It peeled and tore leaving the paper stuck to it. I don't want to scratch the clutch cover...any ideas?

--Eric--

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A heat gun will get 'em off, quickly. 3M makes a product called 'Adhesive Remover' available at most hardware stores that will take off any residual sticky stuff.
Do Not use a razor blade unless you want scratches.
Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Acetone......and some elbow grease!

That should get it off without scratching things up just use a good rag like terry cloth towel, dont get the Acetone on any paint, it could take it off
Acetone is pretty nasty, it will also melt certain kinds of plastic.

My favorite commercial product is rapid remover and little teflon scrapers
but if you have an adhesive gooey mess and none of these products
use any kind of cooking oil to remove. It really works....just need to
clean the greasy oil off.

I use rubbing alcohol to clean surfaces before applying decals.

Heat gun helps a lot, use your girlfriends hair dryer if you don't have one.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
yep good ole Naptha....will also take most stains out of laundry if applied and let soak for a few minutes before washing.....

dang guys you are all bringing all kinds of stuff back to my memory here, and all I could think of earlier was acetone. which is good for many things but also something that has to be used with a lot of care.

Zippo Fluid Rocks for labels, let it soak for a bit and the sticker comes right off.