First build done but have a question!

GoldenMotor.com

Biz Rigs

Sep 20, 2010
BRISTOL, PA
I finished my first build last Saturday. I have a 66cc Skyhawk on a Cranbrook bike. Started right up and runs great! I read a lot of posts before starting so I was able to quickly fix problems as they came up.

I have one problem now. The bike runs great but when I slow down to a stop sign or intersection and pull in the clutch, my engine stops. It will not idle at all, even after warming up and running for 10 minutes on the road. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks!

Biz Rigs

Sep 20, 2010
BRISTOL, PA
Nougat - I have the high performance CNS carb and there are 2 screws on it. I'm guessing that the one closer to the fuel line is for the idle? There's also one close to the air filter. This kit has the choke shifter that attaches to the bars near the throttle. I'll bet it's an idle problem beacuse my clutch cable and choke seem to be fine.

Thanks!

Biz Rigs

Sep 20, 2010
BRISTOL, PA
So you are saying I should disconnect the tube at the air filter and leave it hang down? The tube that attaches above the idle screw wraps around the carb and attaches to the filter. It was shipped that way so I did not mess with it. Like I said, there were no directions or diagrams for the carb.

Thanks!

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Okay, the CNS:

But your problem is with idling. You don't mention what fuel mix you're using. 24:1 for break-in, and 32:1 after that, unless you're going to use synthetic, in which case you'll need to follow the guidelines from the oil manufacturer. Many of the instructions say 16:1, which is just plain wrong, and could cause the condition you describe.
I'm using Echo PowerblendX at 16:1 to break in a new 2010 66cc Skyhawk. Starts on the first pull, idles fine, runs fine.