will this fit an 80cc/66cc kit ?

GoldenMotor.com

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
hi guys im new to the forum and was wondering if the magna glacier point bike will fit a 80cc/66cc kit without any mods like plug n play main questions is will the motor mount on the tube without any drilling and will i have to make any mods to the chain like shortning it

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
that bike looks plenty big enough to do what you want. There is a engine template on zoombicycles that you can print out and take with you, to see if the engine fits here's the link....
http://www.zoombicycles.com/downloads/engine-template.jpg
while you are searching for answers you should read through some of the other posts here and you will probably find all your answers to your questions even some you haven't asked yet or thought to ask.

Good luck with your build and please post some pics when your done.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
The Magna, "glacier point", is a good choice for anyone who wants to try motorizing a bike without spending a lot of money.

All of the kit parts fit as easily as you can get.

It's not a safe bike to build as a "Go fast". Plan on keeping it around 20mph, and you'll have a great starter bike.

Jim

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
thanks for the info reason i asked is because i bought a magna glacier after seeing the price to quality ratio and just figured id put a motor on it so i got one coming should be here tomorrow

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
as far as chain lenght, i got over using the tensioners, i do this by rough fitting the engine sprocket and chain and then adjust the chain tension by moving the engine up and down it doesnt take much movement to put alot off adjustment on the chain, i try to set these up as tight as i can and still have the engine as level as i can as there will be some stretch i will try and post a pic of my latest, by the way this has cured my chain coming off broken spokes etc

Attachments

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
cool thanks for the info how exactly did your spokes snap ? and are there any more tips you could give me so i dont run into any problems i dont expect thanks

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
the spokes break because the tensioner gets pulled into them on my 4 stroke i custom built atensioner thet mounts to the center post i may have a pic of this but it required some fab and welding work, some poeple say to put a bolt thru the frame to hold the tensioner in place, myself and many others here will tell you never drill any part of the frame. we are all here for you so keep the questions coming , i hope you understand what i described as far as going without the tensioner, having the chain come off or going into the spokes can hurt, frank

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
yes i see now and btw ive finished my build on the magna glacier bike runs great just have to check tensioner frequently to make sure its tight and chain is leveled only thing i had to do was make some chain adjustments so chain wouldnt pop off into sprocket and adjusted the clutch cable and idle screw and now its running good

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I bolted a spare kickstand to my chain tensioner bolt(straight with the frame, not up and down) and i hose clamped the kickstand to the frame. Tensioner does not move at all and will not need adjustment.

You could also use a metal bracket. I do not believe in drilling into the very small part of the frame, i prefer to use clamps which does not weaken the frame as much if at all.