Motorize this

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well, I don't think I could ride it to work every day. And I don't think I'd enjoy hitting a bump, or slamming on the brakes, only to find myself immediately head-butting the pavement like a giant dippy bird. But I do think it's cool, despite all that. And I do think it'd be a cool bike to motorize. It doesn't look practical in the slightest, but it does look like fun.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I really do not think that it would be a situation of mounting a motor on the bike.
It would be more like mounting the bike on a motor.
I mean, come on now. Just consider the size of the little beast.
To keep the size in proper perspective, and you wanted to go electric, you would have to use a vibrator motor out of a cell phone and use hearing aid batteries.

Last edited:

JonD

Aug 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
you don't need a motor! some microbiker pants with the built in self igniting saddle pad and a soda pop and you'll have yourself some green jet propulsion guaranteed to last a few miles via the garbling action of the soda around in your intestines riding in that position laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, that is good.

Be funny with a blower, back pack thing. Maybe just a back mounted leaf blower.

Cop; "Pull over"

Rider; "WHAT?"

Cop (louder) "PULL OVER!"

Rider; "WUT?" .......

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
lol
I couldn't ride that thing even if it was motorized. But I can imagine some folks here putting a motor on it just to say they did it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ya know, I think if you could put the right size rack on the back, you could mount a little Go-ped motor on it. You'd need radically different gearing, of course. And I would even sneak in slightly longer handle bars.

It would be pretty much a "suicide-ride" anyway, no matter whatcha do. But at least a person could claim they have the world's smallest functioning motorized bike.

You could maybe even train squirrels to ride 'em and start your own circus. 'Course, you have to build one for the elephant too; he'd get jealous.

Seriously though: I'm pretty sure that little bike was a custom-made one-off, but I'm still tempted to inquire if maybe anybody knows if there's a plan to sell these tiny things? Being that they made that monkey bike, I never can tell what companies will sell these days.

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Hub motors. Quite where you'd shove 4 dry cell batteries to drive them would be up to you.