Just a plain ol' farm boy...that's me!

GoldenMotor.com

farmboybiker

May 28, 2010
camden nc
Hey gang! I'm new here, and they tell me I should let everybody know about who I am to get started. I was born and raised on a big farm, and like most all farms, we had a big shop with all the goodies. I was operating heavy equipment alone when I was 10 years old, I was a pretty good welder by age 12, and a fair mechanic by 15. Been welding, cutting, and turning bolts ever since. I still like it, after all of 40+ years of farming, mechanicing, and building things.

Right now, I have two Whizzers. A 1947 model, and a new one that I've had for about 4 years, best I remember. (If you want to buy the '47 model, let me know. It runs great, and I don't use it) Actually, since I built my Schwinn bike up with an EZMotorbike kit, I don't ride either of the Whizzers much at all. The EZ is so much lighter, easier to get around on, runs so smooth, and gets ungodly gas mileage, I stay on that pretty much anytime I go out. Don't really see how it could be improved on, but I am looking to do another build, so if you know of anything better, please let me know.

I've seen just one other set-up that caught my eye. I'm not sure of the name, I'll have to look that up again. I mean, I just got here!! Hehe. On that one, though, it's got a plexiglas (soft plastic) cover that looks like it's real close to some of the parts that get hot. Plexi melts at 260 degrees, and I'm pretty sure the inside of the enclosure is going to get hotter than that. And just from looking, I don't think the clutch on that one is covered at all. I can just see my pants leg getting ripped off at 30 miles an hour. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyone who knows more about this than me....I'm all ears!! Write me.

Anyway, that's about it for me. I'm not a fancy guy, I'm just an old working stiff that knows a little bit about a lot of stuff, and not a lot of stuff about anything! I do like my bikes, though....and I'll probably keep on playing with them for a while. Might even get my wife on one someday...I keep trying, anyhow.

Hope to get to talk to lots of you fun filled bikers out there pretty soon. Keep on biking..it's FUN. Talk soon.

Farm Boy Biker
auflg

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
FarmboyB,
Welcome to the forum. I really like your statement "I'm not a fancy guy, I'm just an old working stiff that knows a little bit about a lot of stuff, and not a lot of stuff about anything!" Heck yea... Me too!! Your experience will be helpful to many!! Looking forward to seeing your projects. Welcome again.
Mac

JTinFL

Feb 4, 2010
Port Charlotte,Florida
Welcome Cuz
I think the setup you're describing is a bike with a shift kit.First time I saw one I had to ask on this forum myself.I thought it was a great idea,being able to change gears on the rear derailier.I have one on one my bikes.Ya I got the bug.Three SO FAR.Pleasure having you aboard.This forum is a world of collective "HANDS ON" knowledge.Here's a link to check to see if this is what you're describing.

Sick Bike Parts LLC - Performance parts for your motorized bicycle

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So "farmboy" you say you invented the EZM drive? Do you have some copyrights to that claim? Just wondering, inquiring minds want to know.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, you asked in another thread if someone copied "your design"....there are several similar designs, some which have pre-dated the EZM, so who copied whom?

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Hey gang! I'm new here, and they tell me I should let everybody know about who I am to get started. I was born and raised on a big farm, and like most all farms, we had a big shop with all the goodies. I was operating heavy equipment alone when I was 10 years old, I was a pretty good welder by age 12, and a fair mechanic by 15. Been welding, cutting, and turning bolts ever since. I still like it, after all of 40+ years of farming, mechanicing, and building things.

Right now, I have two Whizzers. A 1947 model, and a new one that I've had for about 4 years, best I remember. (If you want to buy the '47 model, let me know. It runs great, and I don't use it) Actually, since I built my Schwinn bike up with an EZMotorbike kit, I don't ride either of the Whizzers much at all. The EZ is so much lighter, easier to get around on, runs so smooth, and gets ungodly gas mileage, I stay on that pretty much anytime I go out. Don't really see how it could be improved on, but I am looking to do another build, so if you know of anything better, please let me know.

I've seen just one other set-up that caught my eye. I'm not sure of the name, I'll have to look that up again. I mean, I just got here!! Hehe. On that one, though, it's got a plexiglas (soft plastic) cover that looks like it's real close to some of the parts that get hot. Plexi melts at 260 degrees, and I'm pretty sure the inside of the enclosure is going to get hotter than that. And just from looking, I don't think the clutch on that one is covered at all. I can just see my pants leg getting ripped off at 30 miles an hour. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyone who knows more about this than me....I'm all ears!! Write me.

Anyway, that's about it for me. I'm not a fancy guy, I'm just an old working stiff that knows a little bit about a lot of stuff, and not a lot of stuff about anything! I do like my bikes, though....and I'll probably keep on playing with them for a while. Might even get my wife on one someday...I keep trying, anyhow.

Hope to get to talk to lots of you fun filled bikers out there pretty soon. Keep on biking..it's FUN. Talk soon.

Farm Boy Biker
auflg
Welcome to the forum FBB! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!