the sleeper isn't waking..

GoldenMotor.com

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
after 6 months in storage (appropriately drained and kept indoors all winter to avoid drastic temperature drops that might affect seals and metal integrity) I sprayed out the carb with carb cleaner to remove any gunk and filled the tank.

she won't start.

My 66cc Grubee has always been a testy beeyotch, usually taking me a good half dozen attempts to start before coughing to life, but this is the first time I've had it just not start. wires are good. spark is good. air intake is full on open, RPM screw is at 3.5 turns.

any suggestions?

:-||

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Did ya try a new /different plug yet....Doesn`t take much at all to crap out a plug.....When I crank mine I have to fiddle with the choke and work the throttle all at the same time and she cranks everytime.....

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
yep. tried a new plug and from appearances isn't getting spark. wires were all connected correctly, so I'm betting I've somehow managed to blow out the CDI or even perhaps the magneto? both look ok by physical appearance, but I've done everything on the gas/air end of things..at this point it seems like it has to be an electrical issue, though this engine (66cc grubee skyhawk ii) seems to have been a problem child from the start. even when it WAS working last summer, it was still the most difficult to get to turn over and run correctly..