10x14x15mm upper wrist pin bearing

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Last week while doing a search for something else I came across a company that has caged pin/needle bearing that are 10x14x15mm in size, I ordered two of them, I like the 15mm width of these bearings better than the ones I bought from motion industries because the 15mm width keeps the bearing from having so much room to slide back and forth on the wrist pin.
http://bearingsdirect.com/KT101415-Needle-Roller-Bearing.html

I also ordered two bronze bushing from http://juicemotoparts.com/products/high-performance-bronze-bushing-for-motorized-bicycle.html

I'm gonna pull the head and jug on my Huffy bike engine clean up the ports install the Bronze Bushing and add the Dax head with the better squish band, add a cap full of the Maxima 927 castor to my Opti2 oil/fuel mix without changing anything else with the engine or exhaust and see what my results are. May even try a 50:1 mix of straight Castor 927 in this engine and see what my results are also, sure want that Bushing lubed well and Castor is a dang good lube under high heat conditions.

Below are some pics of the KT10x14x15 needle bearing from bearings direct.

map
reddd

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
I use these bearings on all of my engines right from the beginning. Figure I might as well since I tear down the engines to match the transfer ports anyhow.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I use these bearings on all of my engines right from the beginning. Figure I might as well since I tear down the engines to match the transfer ports anyhow.
Yeah it only took one major bearing failure that destroyed the top end of one of my engines to convince me it a really good idea to upgrade that upper bearing right from the get go.

Im really curious about how the bushing will perform in the engine I'm gonna put it in, also wondring how it will effect the balance of the engine.