New guy from Alabama

GoldenMotor.com

Lon

Jul 1, 2013
Alabama
New to the forums and motorized bicycles. About 2 hours ago it hit me that I had a free bicycle, and an unused Briggs 3hp motor. An hour later I had a rough mock up.

My name is Lon. I'm a motorhead. I have had a few custom trucks, I like drag racing and landspeed racing. I plan on using my creation at races and around the neighborhood.

Here's a pic, I'm thinking this thing will be a rat bike. However I'm trying to keep looking as stock as possible.

Attachments

Lon

Jul 1, 2013
Alabama
Thanks for the welcome. I it tacked together and on the ground. Think I'm just as excited about this as I am about my truck being road worthy.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome, your build reminds me off my first attempt at building a motorized bicycle. That was over 40 years ago, I hope yours runs longer than mine did. The engine threw a rod two or three days after a friend and I spent two weeks building it every day after school. To make the frame stronger we made a bracket to bolt to the head and bolted it to the top bar.

Lon

Jul 1, 2013
Alabama
I have this engine and my dad has a knock off of a Honda 5HP. Hopefully there wont be any thrown rods. I thought about making the engine part of the frame. If I cant get around the gas tank and carb that may be the route I take.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum I saw your post with pics of your Briggs bike and I look forward to following your build. I like the seat tube removal approach. Which drag strip to you go to? I used to watch the brackets at Atmore when I lived in FL.

Lon

Jul 1, 2013
Alabama
Thanks. I'm working on a solution for the missing down tube.

My local track is Huntsville Dragway. My favorites are Bowling Green and Knoxville Dragway. I only spectate for now, hoping to change that this or next summer. I've also had the privilege to volunteer for 3 ECTA landspeed events.