WCC SO-CAL Special Frame Build....

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
high rpms cause a lot of crankcase pressure. i've seen motors puke half their oil out at the drag strip blowing gaskets and seals and filters. sometimes causing oil fire's. how about a breather drilled through the oil fill cap. or make 1 or 3 on your lathe? [huh.. scotto]

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
high rpms cause a lot of crankcase pressure. i've seen motors puke half their oil out at the drag strip blowing gaskets and seals and filters. sometimes causing oil fire's. how about a breather drilled through the oil fill cap. or make 1 or 3 on your lathe? [huh.. scotto]
Yeah, make a few breather fill caps and share the wealth.....I'll take 2 please ;)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
see how free i am with CCC's time. if anyone need's anything just let me know. CCC is my friend [for now]

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
see how free i am with CCC's time. if anyone need's anything just let me know. CCC is my friend [for now]
Yo DMB whats up...let me know when I can start on that motor mount...

The bike is back up and running, tested to make sure no more oil leaks are happening...

Updated pictures...

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
jeff, i figured after the race when theirs a break. and i'll strip the motor down. any oil in the hose's/tank after test ride's? got some family stuff sat morning but i'll be their if i can. thank's dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
half the fun is giving a helping hand. then watching iceman haul-butt inch's ahead of his dad...on his tail.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, it's great to see a father and son racing together and against one another in the same race. I raced with my dad in a few desert races way back when. I've got 4 sons myself, none race with or against me but I'm ok with that as I don't need anymore competition than I'm already up against.....trust me ;)

I really want too thank everyone who helped me make it to the finals when I blew the exhaust pipe off my bike in the second superbike heat race! Dennis, Neil, the guy parked behind me (sorry, I don't think I caught your name) and all the others. This is what really made my night as a situation arose that would normally be the end of racing that day, turned around with the determination and wit of several people I was able to weld the pipe back together with bubblegum and a spent ale can to go on and race the final event.

Thanks friends (and opponents), I was able to finish 5th place overall and third of the gas bikes. Hmmm, third? Is that like #3?

And a I must also thank Baird for putting on this event, had a fun time and enjoyed the track and fellow racers as always.

Wanna Race?

EDIT: My apologies Jeff, seems I forgot which forum I was posting in and got a little carried away. Hope you don't mind as I'm not gonna double post on my rant. See ya Bro. U know who?

Last edited:
Thanks Scotto, my biggest fan I see...lol

Gilbert...them rims be 24x2.5 wide. I got a good friend that I hit up for some felt wheels but when I told him what the plan was he pushed me out the door with the ones I have now, he made a good choice for me and I am more than happy.

I was able to weld in the tank mount and kinda mock the bike up, it has a lot of dead space but that will be filled up with some go fast goodies.

I need to order some engine parts before I weld the motor mount in...

I want to thank DMB...aka Dennis again for the lathe...I was able to fab up the bungs for the tank and had a blast doing it...

Thats it for now...

I like how long it is... should track nicely at speed; I know others have said it... but man, you do NICE work! I'm a newb, and have only done one MB build, but nothing like this, man. I slapped together a Chinese 2 cycle Grubee, back when he was starting out, on a stretch cruiser frame... engine looked pathetically small for a bike its size, I've been looking for something... more "substantial" since. I've got an idea for a build though, looks NOTHING like anything I've seen here. I wish I had your skills (and tools!) But being on a Veterans pension doesn't give me much in the way of spare change! I have to find me a welding buddy, locally. What do you charge for a frame-only build?

Mac-