crud colorado laws are silly

GoldenMotor.com

Quip

May 24, 2012
Westminster Colorado
Hello ppl bought a 66cc and was going to use it to get to work and low and behold err i find this website and find out that i may not be able to use it in colo sad sigh crud dang and all them dirty words so anyone have any ideas was going to make a motorized bully tralier and use it that way but my driver lic is me job

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum Quip, several folks from CO. here that can give you all the info you need on Colorado law pertaining to these motorized bicycles. Glad you joined................

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, Quip
Westminster shouldn't give you any problems. Wheat Ridge is a trouble spot for us though. Stay out of there and you should be good. Obey the traffic laws, keep the engine on the quiet side and don't bring unwanted attention to yourself.
Check out the Denver Area Rides in the 'Events' section for latest updates on our activities. Maybe you can join us for a fun day of cruising.

Tom

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Yes, what 2door said.

Also wear a helmet (it's mandatory in Canada)
Shut off engine on sidewalks.
Watch where you WOT.
Don't en-louden your muffler.
Obey OBEEEEY, traffic laws.

Don't be a jerk.

Myself, this is new to me so I am a bit cop shy, I tend to stick to side streets and trails (for now). Being cop shy is good though, keeps you aware of good behaviour. It's the idiots that cops hassle mostly.

I got to remove that sticker that says my motor is 66cc.