Motorized Bicycle Magazine

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Re: MB Magazine

Print media must be really starting to suffer in the DSL satellite age- and thatnew thing that reads like a book- Kindle or something

Bookstores are going to have a rough time, because the costs of books and periodicals is already sky high and transport isn't going to get any cheaper.

Too bad- I love bookstores

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX

Magazines are still a huge money maker. If you don't believe me go and do some research and see how much Oprah makes from subscriptions to her mag called O, not to mention the money made from advertisers.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

I'd pay as well.
How cool would it be to see your kids in a magazine on their bikes they made. Wow! My first Briggs bike was in three magazines years ago when it was fresh and new looking. What a rush. Imagine all the articles featuring special builds by shops and individuals. I bet even school shop kids would want to have one as a class project. I think a magazine would get us in the mainstream with all lot of recognition and consideration. It's only a matter of time. There's a lot more obscure hobbies out there with their own publications. I once subscribed to "Windmillers Gazzette" and "Maytag Club" magazine". How specialized it that? I now subscribe to "Gas Engine Magazine" and "The Ignitor". One of the magazines by bike was featured in is "Vintage Motor Bike Club", and it's only 40-60 pages of photos, events, rides, ads, etc. So let's keep this thread alive and if anyone can start something, even just a few pages like a newsletter, I'll contribute. Anyone in the printing industry?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

Magazines are still a huge money maker. If you don't believe me go and do some research and see how much Oprah makes from subscriptions to her mag called O, not to mention the money made from advertisers.
My wife gets "O". It's 90% ads and very thick (lots of pages). I don't read it.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

The forum needs to solicit start up donations. If half the members each donated $1, well you get the idea. Some, like me, may even kick in $5-$10.