New to the forum

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
my advice, if you care, is when you get another engine, just bolt the da mn thing on right out of the box and have fun with it for awhile. break the thing in for a coupla weeks, then tear it down and build it up. forget about the dellortos, the boost bottles, and all that other stuff and just ride it for awhile.

much less frustrating (and cheaper) that way, and as a bonus, you'll have real-life experience to base your upgrades on.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ben Franklin, an idea man from way back, insisted that patience is a virtue. I would add that failure is the tuition you pay for eventual success and impatience just raises the price.
Very nice words indeed you don't mind I might like to Quote that later somewhere?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
my advice, if you care, is when you get another engine, just bolt the da mn thing on right out of the box and have fun with it for awhile. break the thing in for a coupla weeks, then tear it down and build it up. forget about the dellortos, the boost bottles, and all that other stuff and just ride it for awhile.

much less frustrating (and cheaper) that way, and as a bonus, you'll have real-life experience to base your upgrades on.
Get it on the road....the gravy can come next....seriously.....a day doesn't go by where I don't look at a stock bike with a stock kit.....before the wheels start turning in my head ... ( yes....pun intended ).........

Laters,
Salty.shft.

barnycho1

Jul 1, 2010
pensacola Fl
no doubt about your abilaty I also was a gear head but I bought my fist moptor and it only ran an hour before the magneto went out and I have no idea were to get one!!!

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
I'm just ordering a new engine , that's it nothing else with it. everything else is mounted to the bike , fuel is mixed and sitting in the garage ready to go. i cant run it stock. because i got rid of the stock parts , intake , exhaust pipe. i have the pipe and intake from pirate cycles. I'm also ordering a smaller sprocket , to keep the rpm down i know porting the piston, the tuned pipe and balancing the crank will bring the rpm up i still have the stock carb. for now. later on ill get a better cdi and more than likely make a better coil for the bike. i kno i know , keep it simple . but it isnt as much fun

Last edited: