Electric bicycle...in dirt??

GoldenMotor.com

rtboa

Apr 24, 2010
Benicia
Hi every body!!
I am new here and have been doing quite a bit of reading but have found nothing like this.
I want to make an electric full suspensioon mountan bike that is powerfull enough to spin the back wheel out like on a dirtbike.
Has anybody made something like this here? what motor would be suitable?
I was thinking about using a 48v 1000w motor from TNC scooters but Im not sure if it will have that type of torq.
Any suggestions are greatly appriciated!!
Thanks!
ps. I will also use this when commuting to schol 17mi one way! and the rest of the time just for fun with friends on field trails.
thank you!!
dnut

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You'll need a few post before you can post a photo.

Depending on your budget, there are several electric 'dirt bikes' available commercially, but they are a little spendy.

Check out the DIY forum, and I'll bet that the local guru of electric bikes, deacon will help you out.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just saw this post... Come on over to the ebike thread and I expect some of the guys there have built something like it. spin the tire on dirt, I don't know how much power you need but the 1000w at 24v becomes 1500 at 36v which is a heck of a lot of motor. There are lots of motor sprocket combinations Come on over and we will see what the guys in there think.

Guru my butt I just been around a while...

rtboa

Apr 24, 2010
Benicia
Thank you very much, Deacon and Joe.
Am I suppose to repost same thread in the electric bike thread or can I move it?
I dont want to clutter the forum ...