Hi

GoldenMotor.com

molock

Apr 29, 2008
HI I just got my 80cc kit to run but I cant seem to keep it ideling when I stop and it does not want to go over 15-20mph.Does any know the problem?

I hope some one can help the CTA here in chicago is really bad right now with construction and is not as much fun as riding. Thanx

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Did you adjust your idle with the idle screw? You might check for intake leaks. I think thats what I would try first. Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here..........................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. whats with this cold weather we are getting? as bob said try adjusting the idle screw first. i have never heard of an bicycle engine kit being ready to run right out of the box and ussually need adjusting. glad to have you with us

frenchman159

Apr 19, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First take the intake off and seal it with a good rtv sealant, than lower the carb clip a notch or two. If the engine is warm and you still can't idle it with the adjusting screw without having the choke on, try lowering the clip another notch. You want to try to run it a little richer on the air/fuel mixture. Small 2 strokes run hot when lean.

BTW- Check out other areas of these forums for other great info !!!
I learnt a pile from these guys who have been building them for awhile !!

molock

Apr 29, 2008
thanx its running well noe but I cant get the rear hub to stay tight.do you know why it comes lose on the right side?