Reverend "Iggy" A Felt Taxi Mid drive lunatic

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I have a VERY happy dog! She has been "trotsing" a bunch lately. Trotting beside Daddy on his bike is her favorite thing after baths and "ice cream cones" ( whipped cream on a dog cookie ) Tired dogs are happy dogs and mine has been for several trots with the eBike and I must say it makes a difference. Even the Cat has noticed. Crap! My hip doesn't even mind. This ebike is one of the best things I've ever made. GO ON! BUILD YOU ONE! :) Aint all that spendy.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Nice, probably quiet too. Do you think it needs a sound maker, like the Google smaller size self driving vehicles. I always hear this whining sound and inherently know it is one of those little self driving cars being tested out for how many years. A blue green light along the side of the funny looking vehicles as it goes by.

It is sort of amazing the size of both the battery and the motor are fairly small and do so much on that bike of yours.

Glad to hear pooch is more active. One of my brothers dogs at 12 years passed recently. I know it is not easy. Not a dog owner myself, but know this.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Don't need a sound maker. Tire noise and Alice in Chains coming out of my JBL sound log on the bars should be enough. If not; they were asking for it... The whole thing weighs a ton. But it still goes like stink! I stated 15 miles with 1/3 battery left but that was, it seems an understatement. After ballencing for a while more like 1/2 batt left. Doesn't sound like much till you factor in that I'm 300 lbs and not very aerodynamic.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
As to the Pup. Shes doing OK for now. Changed her diet and hoping thats enough. She loves "trotsing" next to Daddy on the bike and going for rides to get coffee and "ice cream cones" from Dutch Bro's ( whip cream on a dog cookie ) She will have a grand life what ever is left of it. PS: That's not her licking her nose. Her tounge is too long for her head... Just sticks out all the time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Have almost 70 miles on it now. Dog can trot beside me at slow speed and she's beginning to loose some weight which may help with her kidney problems. The cloud 9 ballroom saddle is on. I'm still deciding if I like it or not. Extra tail lights are on the way for night riding and tool bag has arrived. Went to Harbor Freight and bought the necessities, as well as a small CO2 inflator just in case; and some extra master links. This thing has range and I don't wanna get stuck 10 miles from home with no rescue possabilities. I'm also thinking bout riding it to work Saturday and if I do I HAVE to make it there. Only 7.5 miles but arriving on time is very important. Just got back from "trotsing" with the dog. She LOVES IT !

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Good for you and da poooch! Have you done any practice runs to work? You can do it ... ride to work on a Saturday you'll be good.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Between my hip and both knees, my pedal assist in severely limited. The motorcycle tubes are in and instead of fighting with the Mr Tuffy tire liners ( one serious pain in the a$$ ) I sacrificed an older set of 24" downhill tubes. Cut the middle out of em and slipped the MC tubes into the 3/4 rounds. partially inflated ( very partially ) they slipped right in and there is no THUMP THUMP THUMP from the liner overlap / gap no balance issues and I now have about 4 mm of rubber between the inside of the Quick Bricks and the air. Worked well for me on another build.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Beautiful e-build Velodrome. It looks stunning. I'm scheming on a ebike build for me now as there are tons heavily wooded bike trails around home here that I cant use the Gas bikes on. Just in sticker shock on prices of components and good battery's especially. Way worse if you buy one ready to go though, so ill build one myself. There are no hills around here and I like slow and steady so I probably can get away with a hub motor? Your build is very inspiring sir.
zip-

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Zip! I've ridden one hub motor bike. The first ebike I ever rode as a matter of fact and it sent me down this ebike path. I wanted to do a hub build but they all seem to be made for 135mm hub spacing. Not an option on my chosen bike. The hub I rode was a huge Crysltalyte motor job and had loads of power. I'm loving my mid drive however; and the 3 speed makes SHOOTING across busy streets fun instead of worrisome. There are experimental parts being tested to make fitment of a Bafang Mid to an American / Ashtabula BB a breeze. This will open up a whole host of frames.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I have over 500 miles on the bike now and am getting the itch to modify. I've been riding my bike with the Monarch fork and love the suspension. My worry is precise matching of the paint and mounting of the front fender and headlight. Just starting my scheming but....