hello

GoldenMotor.com

siouxindian

Jan 4, 2013
tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
hello i dont have a motorbike yet but it wont be very long before i start a build . i cant wait a new project!drn2that smiles looks like are bloodhound we have 2 bloodhounds that ride in the motorcycle sidecar . can you put a sidecar on a wizzer?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. I would think you could put a sidecar on a Whizzer. I have one made from a Grumman canoe on a 50 Schwinn with a 99cc Predator four stroke powering it. Works fine.
SB

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I was hoping more people would chime in about the sidecar...I wanna build one too

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our world of motorized bicycles. please keep us up to date on the side car, i think that would be a great thing to have, glad to have you with us

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
Welcome. Side car def be cool. Try typing in side car to google. I've seem a far amount of pictures of bicycles with side cars. I don't have a mob of my own, working on my first right now. I've ran into a few glitches. I should have it running by the weekend.

.duh.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
For some reason bicycle sidecars are specifically forbidden here in New Zealand. I never have been able to find out the reason why, but the Transport Act actually names them as a vehicle forbidden to be used on NZ roads.
Small motorcycles, scooters and mopeds can have them though, - go figure?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
For some reason bicycle sidecars are specifically forbidden here in New Zealand. I never have been able to find out the reason why, but the Transport Act actually names them as a vehicle forbidden to be used on NZ roads.
Small motorcycles, scooters and mopeds can have them though, - go figure?
Maybe when the rule was made they were thinking in terms of pedal powered bicycles with a Watsonian type of sidecar. In other words, "...slow, in the way, hazard, ban them." And then the same people will talk earnestly about the need to go green, use less fossil fuel, be innovative "as we move into a better future".

I think most people have a certain narrow kind of mindset regarding bicycles. That's one of the good things about this forum in that it helps to broaden perspective, inform, educate all the while having fun.
SB