New Engine, Bike Wont Start

GoldenMotor.com

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Hi I bought a new Skyhawk Gt5 66cc, and mounted it on my bike. When I first mounted it, the back tire wouldn't move, but I adjusted the clutch, and it's still pretty hard to move, but that's alright. The problem is, is that when I pedal, the motor won't start. Yes there is gas, 25:1 ratio for breaking in. I'm thinking the problem is the cdi, but I'm not sure. I really don't know whats wrong, and I hope I didn't spend $250 for nothing. Please help.
:-||:-||:-||:-||:-||

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
does it sound like its getting spark but not really? i would suggest swapin out the cdi wire and boot with an automotive one. I bought one from the auto store where it was a solid wire with a boot on each end and cut it in half to make two. cost me $20 and u will think thats the best $20 u spent. that was my problem on my first motor. acts like there was a spark but not strong enough until i swapped that part out

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
does it sound like its getting spark but not really? i would suggest swapin out the cdi wire and boot with an automotive one. I bought one from the auto store where it was a solid wire with a boot on each end and cut it in half to make two. cost me $20 and u will think thats the best $20 u spent. that was my problem on my first motor. acts like there was a spark but not strong enough until i swapped that part out
When the spark plug is out it sounds like it's going to start, but it won't start. When the spark plug is in, it doesn't even sound like it's trying to Start. Where can I get one of those cdi wires? Can you send me a link?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you've been pedaling the bike with the spark plug out and not connected and grounded there's a good chance you've cooked the CDI. Whenever you spin the engine over you should have the plug connected to the CDI and grounded to the engine. The high voltage created can/will take a path of least resistance and that can be inside the CDI where it will do damage to the components.

The engine needs three things to run: Fuel, air and ignition. Confirm you have all three.

Also please confine your questions to the thread you already have going. Multiple or duplicate questions and threads will be removed.

Tom

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Ok I got it running today. Dance1
It doesn't idol though. And lots of times when I try to start it, I will just like try admit will like jump up. I got to say though, the bike is FUN and FAST. Just need to keep it running through dance1

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
I got new cdi wires, and a new boot. Sorry about that, I have a tablet with no autocorrect, so it said that all weird. I meant to say, when I try to start it, it will try to start, then the whole bike willjump. Ya I was excited about it, but then both of the tires popped. I will get some good tires hopefully.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I got new cdi wires, and a new boot. Sorry about that, I have a tablet with no autocorrect, so it said that all weird. I meant to say, when I try to start it, it will try to start, then the whole bike willjump. Ya I was excited about it, but then both of the tires popped. I will get some good tires hopefully.
so you went ahead and grabbed the automotive spark plug wire and boot?