Hi there

GoldenMotor.com

BikeMPG

Jun 10, 2013
SLO
I'm hew here and have yet to build a motorized bike but have an interest because a friend of mine wants one and I suggested to him the engine to use.
I want to build a motorized bike with a 50cc 2 stroke or 80cc. I want to build the bike from a fixed gear road bike with a flip flop hub using the free coast side to pedal and the fixed side to run the engine drive chain. I figure the cog that is on the hub right now is too small. It is maybe like a 17-19 tooth and it should be about 29-40 something to not put too much strain on the engine right? My question is, is there a company that I can buy a cog from with an appropriate number of teeth to run an engine that would also screw on to the fixed gear hub?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Before you buy anything look up and read your local laws. These bikes go really fast not sure about the fixed gear thing. That could be very dangerous.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum BikeMPG, you have lots of reading here and take your time to figure out the parts you will need to make a fixie work as you intend.

Happy building!