I got over 40mph today!

GoldenMotor.com

huntnfish08

Jun 21, 2008
I put on 33.5 miles today with a top speed of 40.26mph. Stock sprocket, worked over piston and cylinder. Smiling the whole way with lots of thumbs up! usflg

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
welcome to the 40+ crowd!

as far as the fastest on level ground, i hit 54 with a heavily modified china, gps'd and witnessed by neil (motorbikeracing) and the aleman.

hit 62 on the same bike drafting a truck, gps'd with my phone, and then blew the motor apart.

there's lots of guys hitting 40 on china dolls. just takes the right mods and some balls. :)

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
huntnfish08 - You are truly a man of few words. Five years as a member with only nineteen posts. I think that may be a record for an active member.

Be safe if you keep flying down the road, that's too fast for me.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
welcome to the 40+ crowd!

as far as the fastest on level ground, i hit 54 with a heavily modified china, gps'd and witnessed by neil (motorbikeracing) and the aleman.

hit 62 on the same bike drafting a truck, gps'd with my phone, and then blew the motor apart.

there's lots of guys hitting 40 on china dolls. just takes the right mods and some balls. :)
My friend Ed hit 53mph drafting a truck, w/his China doll engine. Slight mods and shiftkit.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Faster than 30? No thanks you. I've wrecked a mountain bike at about that speed. Never again will I go that fast on a bike. Be safe, get a helmet and maybe even some shoulder pads. Cause one bad bump or pile of leaves may leave you with 1 1/2 collar bones.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I can pull my ambassador down from speed easy enough with its disc brakes but not my ne5 and its a lighter bike ( drums). They're fast though for "bikes",ne5 does 45 easily and I'm not sure the top end on the ambassador but know it climbs a steep hill here effortlessly at 45 no problem

huntnfish08

Jun 21, 2008
I get about 38 on the flats, just over forty if on a slight downhill. That ride blew out my rear cassette bearings. I just took the rear cassette and tensioner off. push starTing sucks though. I feel I've the bikes maximum. A hundred dollar Walmart special can't take the abuse. Time to make a custom bike so I can get even more from VB my motor. I've got a 36t sprocket laYing around but im scared to even putt it on. An exhaust and longer intake will get me where I want to be. I've got a friend se arching t the swap meets for a springer front end. I'llbuild around that. Looking for 50 without a shift kit. I'll get it!

huntnfish08

Jun 21, 2008
I joined 5 years ago when I first got interested. Just bought and built my kit last year. Ripped the engine apart half dozen times or better. Fully helicoiled all studs on engine. Worked as much weight out of they piston as possible and match ported everything. also have a different head as the original blew though a casting pinhole in the plug threads. NGK B6hs plug and boot. Im on my third or so magneto and Cdi. More wrenching than riding, but now I can pass cars or even get a speeding ticket. I love it! usflg