Little Red For DMB

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
today my good friend jeff [C.C.C.] gave up his day working on my bike. he got a lot of work done while i stand around and act like i have a bad back. as i said before nothing would get done with out his time and effort. i cant say enough about his perfectionist work habits, thanks bro. i'd give him my first born son, but he would eat him out of house and home! dennis

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
you mentioned a bunch of work to the engine in your first post....any of it have to do with oiling and the vertical mounting? I see the 99's dont hafta do anything so I wonder.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the aluminum con rod throws oil about 15 feet. needless to say keeping the oil in the motor takes some thought or it will escape though gaskets and seals. as in all race engines vent hoses and oil puke tanks are mandtory. oil on race tracks is looked down upon for good reason. dennis

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Work day today.... Got the steering damp mounted after trying a few different locations. Turned out clean and works well.

Worked on getting the motor started.... It was a -itch but wow does it sound good. Great cam choice Dennis.

All the little items and details take time... It will get done...

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
WOW, CCC how did I miss this build..

This build is unbelievable, I'm at a loss for word's!!!!

dmb, you have a great / amazing friend, kudo's to both of you!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Jeff I sent you a Pm did you receive it?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
another day stolen from jeff! i got another day out this great guy working on his old bike that he gave me. first he worked on the stablizer that he hated because i had it on top of the tank mounted as a ball catcher. but jeff, he didn't say anything and it was butt ugly sitting atop of the tank. lucky for me and my ball's he moved it under the tank where it belongs. also we got the motor started. but she did not want to fire at all. after checking the whole motor over from valve adjustment, cam timing, carb jets. andy brought over his kart starter she fired up and stalled.. a few more trys and got it running.. more on this later. still lots of work to be done. cant say enough about jeff, iceman, andy and mona for letting me steal his time. god bless dennis

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
WOW, CCC how did I miss this build..

This build is unbelievable, I'm at a loss for word's!!!!

dmb, you have a great / amazing friend, kudo's to both of you!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Jeff I sent you a Pm did you receive it?
Thanks CH... Got some good friends from this site.... We have some fun that's for sure.

Did not get a PM

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
so that's what you guys were up to today!!!

well-----okay make it run and ride

sure is a beaut --like all ccc has done --and andy no less

awesome guys i am jealous

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
It's been two weeks since we worked on the bike. It's just amazing how long little items take to get completed. We worked in the most important part of the bike, the brakes. This bike has some brakes that's for sure. DMB came up with a great idea to make the rear drum work off a hydro type plunger, and it's hooked to an old school moped hub that really works. This is in the testing stages and looks like a winner.

I put my number plate on the bike.... For old times.... Lol

That's it for the day...

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
yet another day stolen from my good friend jeff. worked getting both front and rear brakes working. kinda got there as bleeding was a *****. finely the front got there, and the rear a mechanical/hydro drum is in the test phase now hopefully we'll work the bugs out, needless to say it took more time than we thought it would. worried that the V-rubber is a little''greasy'' so i'm looking into skuffing them like the motorcycle racers do to theirs. again jeff did most of the work but this time i did a lot more grunting and moaning like a turtle on his back. some things never change! dennis

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
That is an AWSOME BIKE!!!!! ,,, and that is also one SERIOUS REAR WHEEL !!!
P.S. Since this is the paint , fab, weld section, i was just wondering if anyone ever tried out those new miracle HTS 2000 aluminum brazing rods. i just ordered some-should be here next week -hope they work just like they show.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have used the AlumaWeld rods from Harbor Freight and they work great.
They are not recommended for structural use though.
If the joint in question should break and the resulting failure would throw you on the ground at speed, or other horrible situation, don't use it. Have it TIG welded instead.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Thanks alot Gearnut!! I'm happy to hear that. Ya, mig or tig, and even stick electrode, however, all I got is one of those Bernzomatic oxy mapp toys. I cannot do any fusion welding with it, but they are good little brazers , with the Bronz rods.