Rock Solid 200w 48cc info

GoldenMotor.com

May 19, 2011
Australia Newcastle
Hi all,
I Emailed Rock Solid about the 48cc 200w engine and got this reply(Hi Brendan, no footage to date, max speed is 18 – 22km/hr on flat road, any incline will require peddle assist). i just wanted to know if they had footage of this engine going.
Does anyone have footage on this forum? Just don't know to get one of these to stay legal or be like a rebel and go a higher cc.
Bren.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
y bother whos gonna know the diffrence between that and a regular 48cc heck everytime i talk to a cop (they r curious of the bike) i tell them my 68cc is a 49cc and the believe me :p

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Whatever engine you buy, just take the stickers off. I always do. I haven't gotten pulled over uet, but if I do, I will tell the bacon its 48. Currently I am running a 68.5 cc engine.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Most cops dont know anything about engines and displacement so just run a 66cc and if they ask the size of the engine just tell them something like ( Oh ....it's just a small cheap China made 2 smoker with like.... a 47mm bore very small not much power but it is good on gas and good on the enviroment also.... ), BAM! you just got him off the engine size question and more than likely he doesn't know the difference in mm bore and cc's displacement so you can get off fancy free and not have to lie at the same time........

Win.......Win.......! and you just ride away... .wee.

Peace

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
You could do what others have done and knock off the ID badge on your motor and make one of those dog tags from wally world with the info just change the 80cc to 49cc. there's a thread about this somewhere here.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
i belive the only thing that makes there verson a 200w motor is an exhaust restriction. take that out and you have a normal 49cc engine.
I was looking at these kits. I spent about 20 minutes talking to the owner of Rock Solid about 7 months ago now. Before they moved to Queensland.

The main difference between Rock Solid and other cheaper kits are put back together properly, with a thread locker and better quality seals(crank). plus the addition of a dyno and engine cert plate. Its a $900 fine for having a unregistered motorbike and no license in the ACT. Thats more than what my I paid for my MB engine and bike.

I think they increase the thickness of the head gasket to lower the engine power to 195watts.

Boblouis

May 27, 2011
Arndell Park
22mph is fine. Our engines have nothing on them to indicate their capacity, and since the 48cc and 66cc look the same...Still, we're restricted to a max of 200W; therefore both 48cc and 66cc are technically illegal.