what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

*Raining Out*
"C'mon baby, you're gonna run good for me..." ..Smooth stroke of the tank, and a sensual push of the primer, "You can make it, there and back, I'll get you some premium tomorrow...I promise!" And she gets a kiss when you get home!

Don't burn your lips on the pipe, it hurts!

-Dang Al, Always gotta hear it run before you lay down the bucks.

.cs.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Cleaned up today, scrapped a bike, kept some parts. The seat was a little wider and looked better than the one on my Diamondback, Looks good on my MB.

My Diamondback/460 project is done. It's much more reliable; the chain hasn't snapped in awhile or jumped off the sprockets. It's dependable enough for everyday use.

Started my new build from bare frame today: Project 29er w/ Kona frame-mounted Tanaka 47R and shift kit.

It's gonna be AWESOME!xct2

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

well today. i cleared off the snow on the tarp i cover my MB with. peeked under to see all was dry. it was:) said to it we prolly aint gonna ride today. yeah i talk to my bikes too lol. sum women dont understand that about me but thats other..story LOLlaff

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland

Unscrewed the gas cap after watching the snow come down for a few hours and wondered how long it will be before I burn off the 2 cups of gas that's remaining in the tank.

I'd say the way the weather is lately it's going to be awhile....maybe a looonnnnng while.
.....Sigh....frown...
I really hate winter
My ice scraper and snow shovel's going to get used more than my bike.
Hey I hear the salt truck coming down my street ...Yippee
Did I mention I hate winter?

TIM

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

Just had some surgery so all I can do is line up some of my bikes and look at them until I get healed up. Shouldn't take too long. Need to go riding.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Gotta talk to your baby. Be nutz not to. Really is a pretty intense relationship. Functional art even from a kit and bicycle out of a box, we married them together. Learned, tweaked, cursed, bent, beat and begged. Then that first ride! Is functional art in it's highest form. Each successive build bringing us closer to Motor Bike nirvana and a higher plane of knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of it all. When she is running right, oh man! When she is down, I have failed or need to fix. Love and some times anger but always a rather intense relationship.

LOL Tim, me too. We are to get between 1 and 2 feet of snow tonight. Really meant to have put some rivets in spare tires to see if they would work for ice. Snow is fun though and hurts less. I crash a lot, snork.

(actually, now that I think about it, I haven't crashed since I stopped drinking beer. Could there be a correlation? laff)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

I was going to post this earlier but never got around to it. I worked on a few items on the bike I have not taken out for awhile (blue river killer) and got it running good. I decided to do a 50 plus mile run through the rich area of Brentwood and check out all the poverty stricken people, then down to the beach area. Went from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach.

I cried like a little baby when it would not stop raining but we did have a couple of nice days in Calif.

Check out the pictures….sorry to all the people with extreme weather right now.

My fav. Picture: #5

ccc

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Nice scenery Culver! That bird almost looks like it belongs with the statue lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Glad to hear you got her back up an' running Blackensein.

That would be a good thread, "MB winter/cold tactics" or some thing. We talk every yr about keeping us warm and should share some information about keeping the "Girls" happy and warm.

Hehe, got about a foot of snow last night and still coming down. Not hard but gonna be some more. Fun ridding on soft snow.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Today I will be pulling the Monarks off the cruiser and giving them a cleaning up. I dissasembled the rear wheel and ordered some spokes for the rear (took out the multi-speed hub changing to a shimano coaster) Im debating the front hub maybe swapping out the disc hub for a 90 mm drum for a more classic look.

Cheers

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

Thanks Man believe it or not those pics were taken with a 5 yo cell phone. That bike was My first build...Ive been taking her apart to use some of the parts on a 1950 panther and a 1953 spitfire Im doing for Me and the Misses. Everything else is going for sale.

Cheers

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

well im glad to hear that im not the only one talking to my bike

its kinda funny i was talking with a coworker today about my bike and she asked why do you enjoy it so much i said well she dont really mind how i ride her . she smiled and said how do you ride her i said long rough exciting rides are the best but sometimes a quicky up to the store is all i need dance1

ok it may not be that funny but you would have to be there to appreciate it

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL WA. (is funny) Should have added the long and gentle rides. All about presentation brodder

Just added more washers as spacers to monarch fork, springs. Lost a full inch and springs are soon to have no room to spring at all. Thinking I have to replace them. Any one else have any experience with this happening? I weigh 160-70 so is not constantly over loaded.

For the folks way up in the great white and cold North, I was thinking a battery warmer might be of use. Didn't know they were pricy, but not to bad. battery warmer - Google Search For warming the engine or maybe a heating pad tucked under? I might try that. Heat rises and would be that much further from the fuel. dunno. Seems dumb to add unattended heat and electricity to a fuel rich environment. Kids, don't try this at home.

(If ya sue me, alls you will get is some MBs, this PC and a dog suffering from "canine bipolar disorder" snork)

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

@ dan

well honestly i didnt think about it in time

dan i have never had a front fork with a spring im not sure whats going on but it dont sound right

and on the heating pad i thought of that before and came to the conclusion it prolly woudnt help seeing as these 2 strokes dont have an oil pan full of cold oil

i just dont see the benifite of heating the block itself

anyway mine hasnt had any problems starting (i keep it tucked away inside at work i had to clean out sprinkler room to find a place to put it my boss was saying he doesnt want it to block the sprinkler valves but in reality they were already blocked and didnt meet code anyway tell i cleaned the place up)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

LOL WA. (is funny) Should have added the long and gentle rides. All about presentation brodder

Just added more washers as spacers to monarch fork, springs. Lost a full inch and springs are soon to have no room to spring at all. Thinking I have to replace them. Any one else have any experience with this happening? I weigh 160-70 so is not constantly over loaded.

For the folks way up in the great white and cold North, I was thinking a battery warmer might be of use. Didn't know they were pricy, but not to bad. battery warmer - Google Search For warming the engine or maybe a heating pad tucked under? I might try that. Heat rises and would be that much further from the fuel. dunno. Seems dumb to add unattended heat and electricity to a fuel rich environment. Kids, don't try this at home.

(If ya sue me, alls you will get is some MBs, this PC and a dog suffering from "canine bipolar disorder" snork)
Must be the temperament of the steel springs. I know the longer the spring the nicer the flex.

I have had a lot of down hill comicozie type Triple Tree forks in my life time. Never owned a springer I have only seen one in person a long time ago.

My down hill forks all with about 7 inches of travel or more. Never have worn out a set. I have a old set of Triple tree Judy's I gave a buddy that I had in my youth they had 18000 miles of pure peddling [no stunts I don't do stunting]over the years and still are sweet. I do have a set of Rock Shoxs that have a bit of flex in them now [side to side]. I mostly use the forks because of being so tall. I completes the bike. Gets the cranks out from under me and my chin behind the front tire instead of over it as I cruise around.

I don't think I have ever noticed any sag either. Being over six foot and about 230 pounds. I haul all manner of cargo on my B.M.X. type bars that I use including any and all grocery's that I might bring home.. The longer fork never lets anything touch the tires a big plus too [double bag everything]. But honestly never had any sag at all. It has never even occurred to me. These things have been like owning a work truck! lol Ya end up paying enough for them tho..

Last edited:

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

today...uncovered it after i swept the sidewalk here again. did my usual look over i do and cranked it up and rode around the lil block a few times. all iz good. didnt ride yesterday. i think it handles different (inna good way) since i put that mongoose iboc fork and handlebar and stem on last week

Attachments

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas

Thought about working on it, then fell back asleep. zpt Didn't feel like hurting it or myself today. LOL

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

okay bad problem motor boggin out to nothin cold and snow but TODAY (DEC 26 ) I removed the carb and found frozen crud in the vacum hole. also sprayed wd40 on flywheel magnets and wire brushed and wiped off the dirt and surface rust then I improved my gass tank mounts then I made a new gasket out of tan paper got a hole roll of that stuff,
Then I fired up the bike and took it around the block a few times still bogs but ran way better. then i let the bike idle while I took all my tools back into the house and locked up the garage.
Then I took the bike for one finnal burn around the block and it ran GREAT and MAN WAS I EVER HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!! NO BOGIN AT ALL . Well now I'm worried about the next time I go to ride it will it run good ??? or not???
also found out tht inside my carb there are one way valves that work like some kind of a pumping action with the vacum hole. It is snowing and only about -7 celcius and I ride stright through the winter. :)
Blakenstein, methinks your engine needs a warm blanket, lol,as evidenced by how well it runs after warming up.

Either that or a longer warmup.drn2