favorite 2-stroke oil and mix

GoldenMotor.com

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I use amsoil saber at 44:1, i don't know why i use this ratio but im still trying to get past the break in period with the specialized, it has almost four hundred miles on it and still hasn't snapped out of it, but it gets a little more peppy each time i ride it, i used to the Castor and you got to love the smell, i think ill try the once of Castor in my mix with this motor and see what happens.

customshop05

Feb 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I run 91 octane no ethanol fuel to Ams Oil Dominator oil mixed 32:1 I also run 15% nitropropanol in the mix and 10% 100LL Avgas. Took a while to tune the carb right but after many quick runs and checking the plug I have it dialed in and let me tell you she screams! This is a close mix to what we run in non-circut snowmobile racing. Not a mix for amateurs but produces a lot of power. If you do wish to play around with a fuel mix like this be wary and DO NOT run to lean EVER unless you like to rebuild motors. If you wish to have more power. Take out the Avgas and the mix is perfectly safe. (note: I also machined the head and am running a higher compression) However this mix in my buddies bike who is not running high compression runs better eta's than just 91 no ethanol and dominator oil.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Quick question. Has anyone ever experimented with Duralube or Slick-50 type additives?

I've used Duralube in VW's and my Jeep for years and believe it really does work... would love to give the new 2 Smoker I'm about to buy the same "added protection"... or is it not that important?
Slick-50 is pure snake oil. I'm not familar with duralube and can't comment about it. Your best bet for an additive that really works is castor oil. If you should ever overheat your engine, castor oil is converted to a dry lubricant at 650 deg F. This dry lubricant will protect your motor while its running in the red. You must Nrun degummed 1st press castor oil which won't gum up your engine with gunk and varnish. I've run various blends of castor over the past 4 years. Sometimes I run 50/50 (castor/synthetic), sometimes I run 25/75, and sometimes I run 100/0 castor/syn ratios at 4 oz total oil per gallon.

Here is the FTC complaint against duralube. http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/durcomp.html

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Just a quick mention ;)

I decided I'd break in my Rollfast build w/Amsoil Saber 100:1 (a lil heavier during break in ofc)... but before I'm doing that - I've been testin' it out on my poor Schwinn, which has been runnin' 50:1 Amsoil Injector for about 3000+ miles.

Nothin' to report so far, no real noticeable difference in the tankful I've put through it... which oddly 'nuff is just what I was hopin' for lol