Hey from England, UK

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I was unable to ID the frame. It's steel, and that is a good for using a petro motor.
From what I've heard, petro assist motors are not street legal in the UK.
If you want to ride on the street legally, you will probably need to go electric.
Check your laws before you buy.

Farmer_Fred

Mar 6, 2010
England, UK
Thanks for the help! Nice idea max, that would be pretty funny! This is going to be strictly off-road as I am due to have my driving license taken off me on tuesday due to getting breathalised the morning after and failing. Gutted. Anyhow, live and work on a farm and thought this would be the best way to get around as there are some roads to cross which i could just push the bike over a bit less conspicuously than a motorbike. Apparently I would have to get road tax to even push a motorbike across the road. I don't want to risk anymore run-ins with the law!
The seller linked me to the ebay seller who the engine came off:
4 stroke Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Gas BIKE 49CC YXM on eBay (end time 21-Mar-10 10:06:29 GMT)

And here is the engine model I reckon it is!
Yong Xing Machine Manufacture Co. Ltd.

How trustworthy are these YXM engines? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Regards,
Fred

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
If your thinking about 4 stroke then check out my thread on different gearboxes. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13279 the one in the link you gave shows a "hoot" chain gear box. I've read that the chain hoot is Superior to the geared hoot. The engine is a knock off honda but have heard that it's just as good as the real honda. also, I'd suggest a 2 stroke if your going off road. they have more power and are less heavy. You can find cheaper engines than the link that you gave. the best thing you can do is buy from a reputable shop. any that participate on this forum will do. good luck