Creative Engining! MAnic Mechanic! Jim! PLease HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Mkay,
JIm, I hope you are reading this, i already sent you a message via email, but i will ask again.
I am in need of one of tour sprockets for a schwinn hollywood with coaster brakes. Do you sell them?
thanks,
Wknfun
Sam

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey weekend,

You'll have to follow the link at the right...Manic Mechanic...Then click on sprocket adapter & sprocket on the left.

This will take you to the order page for the adapters & sprockets. Follow the directions regarding ordering.

I don't have the hub size for your bike...you're going to have to measure it accurately and fill in the hub size dialog box at the bottom left of the page.

If you have any problems ordering, let me know.

Jim

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Jim do you charge the same for a 26 inch hub as you do for a 1.50".I would love to see the piece of stock you start with.WKNFUN you need the size of the center hub where the adapter clamps. Go to manic mechanic in the upper right of this page,it will show you how to measure. HD

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE
I just called Manic Mechanic. It's been 15 days since I placed my order. They said they are shipping out another batch of orders in 4 days. I asked if my order would be in that lot. She just said, "I don't know". So if I'm 'lucky' I'll get my order 22 or 24 days after placing it.

rfriesen

Aug 3, 2009
Omaha, NE
I guess I'm a little annoyed with this time frame because;
1. It's my first bike build and I'm excited to get it running
2. I ordered the adapter and sprocket to save me the time and headache of installing the supplied parts. (definately not saving me time)
3. site says allow 2 weeks (should say 3 to 4 weeks)

Just_Gassit

Jul 17, 2009
Northern Nevada
I ordered one about the same time (just over two weeks ago) and hopefully, I'm in that batch to be sent out too. I knew the production line was small and not all that personal when I ordered it so I'm not going to worry about how long it takes unless it goes a bit over a month, I'll ask then. As for now, I'm using the "rag joint" POS. I am hoping to have a smoother working drive system and I'm dropping a few teeth (going with a 40) to get a lower RPM at my normal speed. I see no real reason to not run your kit with the supplied sprocket UNLESS you can't get it to run true and not make horrible noises.

Do your self a favor, get a decent chain too. The China junk chain is just as bad as the rag joint itself.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Just a thought but it Manic Mechanic happens to peruse this thread again, it might be helpful to put what size the hubs you have listed are so that for instance I measure my hub and even though it's not a Shimano CB-110 if it's the same size I can just order that one.
If I don't know what I'm talking about just tell me to shaddup and I'll crawl back into my hole. :D

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I just called Manic Mechanic. It's been 15 days since I placed my order. They said they are shipping out another batch of orders in 4 days. I asked if my order would be in that lot. She just said, "I don't know". So if I'm 'lucky' I'll get my order 22 or 24 days after placing it.

rfriesen:
Your refund has been processed.

Just_Gassit:

Yes, we will be shipping a batch of sprocket adapters & sprockets this week; that will include all orders up to Aug. 22

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Just a thought but it Manic Mechanic happens to peruse this thread again, it might be helpful to put what size the hubs you have listed are so that for instance I measure my hub and even though it's not a Shimano CB-110 if it's the same size I can just order that one.
If I don't know what I'm talking about just tell me to shaddup and I'll crawl back into my hole. :D
Hello Kevlarr,

The Shimano CB-110/CB-110E measures 1.524" -1.527"
The huffy Cranbrook hub measures 1.504" -1.508"
The Falcon CFE-10 measures 1.531 - 1.535"
The Modus 08-(E,G,H), measures 1.181" - 1.185"

Jim

Just_Gassit

Jul 17, 2009
Northern Nevada
Just_Gassit:

Yes, we will be shipping a batch of sprocket adapters & sprockets this week; that will include all orders up to Aug. 22

Jim
Thanks Jim,

I was trying to say "I'm waiting too" (patiently) I hear nothing but good things about your products and will wait as long as needed to get one.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
Hello Kevlarr,

The Shimano CB-110/CB-110E measures 1.524" -1.527"
The huffy Cranbrook hub measures 1.504" -1.508"
The Falcon CFE-10 measures 1.531 - 1.535"
The Modus 08-(E,G,H), measures 1.181" - 1.185"

Jim
do you have numbers for the spoke flange dia. for those hubs. i would like to try one of your kits on an old columbia i'm working on.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Cam,

The flanges range from 2.0" to 2.4". The standard sprocket adapter fits this range of flange diameters.

The Occ hub has larger flange...so for hubs that have flanges larger than 2.4" I use an Occ blank and bore it to the hub size.

The bolt circles are 3.125" for the standard adapter & 3.625" for the Occ.

Jim

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
hi,

by chance is there a list of bicycle brand, make and model of existing bicycles being sold?
(i believe Micargi bicyles coast brake is one at Pirate)
thank you.