Are we "Bikesters"?

GoldenMotor.com

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Just a thought- "bikers" brings to mind a totally different breed of two-wheeling fanatics than what we represent... granted, there ARE those on these forums who ALSO own and adore massive, powerful Harley-Davidsons... but they are not the norm, at least to my understanding. Sooo... I would not call us "bikers"- real bikers might take that wrong, and the general public would cast us in a category that we do not fit.

I submit the term "Bikesters"-

Bikers wear leathers and engineer boots.

Bikesters wear Hawaiian shirts and sneakers.

Bikers think 75hp is marginal.

Bikesters think 1.5hp is awesome.

Bikers get tickets for exceeding the speed limit.

Bikesters get tickets for not keeping up with traffic.

Bikers get tattoos regarding their lifestyle.

Bikesters get stickers.

... I could go on- what do you think?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Bikers enter the roadway and head directly for the left lane.
Bikesters enter the roadway and head directly for the bike lane (where available).
Bikers struggle to keep their hair nice.
Bikesters struggle to keep their machine running.
Bikers fry their clutch.
Bikesters wish they had a clutch.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I am a Harley owner as well as an old 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim, a Roketa 150cc scooter with a Honda clone engine, was raised loving any and everything with wheels and an engine or anything I can shoot.....

Im a country boy that played drums in a local Hard Rock band when I was younger and gew up play gospel contemporary music in a Church my uncle was a Pastor of and when I see a nice hole of water I feel a major urge to grab a fishing pole and wet a hook...... and since 2009 ai been tinkering with the c hina girl engines after my first build...... as is known my user name on here is Mapbike which stands for (Motor Assisted Pedal Bike).... so I have always reffered to myself as a Motorized Pedal Biker....
I'd call myself a two wheeled enthusiast rather than a biker as is portrayed by the greasy gang bike type, I know people that are in that crowd and man are good moral law abiding people who just choose that image for themself which I have no problem with, I have leather and dew rags and dress in leather and boots when I ride my big bikes because not only is it comfortable and looks good but its also about safety... leather os the best protecting for the skin if you go down.....

I choose to call m bikes motorized bikes and my motorcycles what they are, most people when they see me just say wow look at than dude on that bicycle with a motor..... the names mentioned are cool if that is what someone wants to fool aroumd with but I more into just enjoy what I do than worry about what someone would title what I do.....lol!

Peace and carry on fellow motorbikers.......

Map
.wee.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
HA! "Are we folk or rock or country? Seems like everybody cares but us..."
Playing with the name is all I am doing- we are no more unified and homogenized than an alley full of cats! But there tends to be trends, and I am fishing them out as it were-

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep we is what we is we always gonna be what I consider to be a rare breed and band of brothers and sisters who may agree to disagree on this or that but at the end of the day we have a common thread between us that can always in one way or the other bring us together on at least one level......

Pedals, Power & Pavement gets our hearts and minds pumping and on at least that one topic we can talk and feel apart of each others world even if for a short time.......

A song comes to mind that is so true... "Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden....... enjoy what you have and call it what ya want and realize we're all in one way or another living in our Golden Years......

Wee aint we having fun.....!

Map

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You want the truth? I ride these things because I'm flat broke and can't afford bigger toys. They give all the thrills of a motorcycle without requiring any ongoing cash outlay for government bloodsucker fees to ride.
But I dislike ''bikesters'' as a generic term. I'd rather be thought of as a ''biker'' since with my looks, it cuts down on people acting stupid in my immediate area. I look like the classic biker. Always have.
The fact I can't stand Harley and have been knows to say so out loud in biker bars means I might be a bit concussed though.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You want the truth? I ride these things because I'm flat broke and can't afford bigger toys. They give all the thrills of a motorcycle without requiring any ongoing cash outlay for government bloodsucker fees to ride.
But I dislike ''bikesters'' as a generic term. I'd rather be thought of as a ''biker'' since with my looks, it cuts down on people acting stupid in my immediate area. I look like the classic biker. Always have.
The fact I can't stand Harley and have been knows to say so out loud in biker bars means I might be a bit concussed though.
Just curious what it is you have against Harley Davidson Motorcycles maniac?

I grow up on Japanese bikes being my uncle was a racer and owned A Yamaha dealership but his cruiser bikes were Harleys and even though I still have a *** bike I honeztly wouldnt trade my Harley for 10 of any. Japanese bikes I have ever road.... the ride and build quality of my Harley is way for and above any *** bike I have owned or road in my life....

Just curios what it is about a Harley you find to be so horrible..... you are an American right....? LOL............!

Seriously not hating here bro just curious thats all....

Peace, map
.wee.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
When my sister first saw me ride my motorized bicycle, she annointed me "King of the Nerds". Doesn't bother me. I certainly get more attention on this machine than any of the motorcycles I've owned. I probably could afford any motorcycle that is available in this country.......my motorized bicycle is what I want at this time!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I can say that as much as I love my Harley and my old Yamaha XJ I still have way more fun and also get more attention on my motorized bicycles.......

I like all things with engine and wheel pretty much.... I aint rich so I cant afford anything I want but I enjoy the heck outfa what I have for sure.....

Map

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Considering the forum name I refer to myself as a motorbicyclist , I do like bikesters though it's rolls a tad smoother off the tongue

I do play with the words " I ride china girls " though lol

Regards Henshooter