two stroke cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Jesuswon1 the chain tensioner is a shimano rear derallier. You should learn to weld, it is a very handy skill. I'll try to organise a vid some time.
Cheers,
Matt.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
one thing that bike lacks that I can see from your last pics, it needs a much better locking system.
I didn't spend half the time or money on my motor bike but my cable and lock will keep it safe when it is locked up. Can't say the same for that little chain or lock.

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Looks great.
Have you thought about a chain gaurd?
Wouldn't to see a thread about your leg or back being sliced from a broken chain. Don't mean to rain on your impresive build, but safety always rings a bell when are missing a very important componant. 8-0

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Sensational looking build. Are the frame components all steel?..... what kind of welder did you use?..

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Nomad, cheers, the frame is all steel and I used a MIG welder.
jasonh, it does take off from a standstill with the 28t.
The 20" x 4 1/4" rear tyre has a rolling diameter of 550mm compared to about 650mm for a 26" bike.
This helps allow such a small rear sprocket.
The bike is a little slow from the standstill, I wouldn't try starting off at the base of a really steep hill but once rolling it's great, the engine isn't screeming while cruising. It still pulls up hills once its cruising.
Cheers,
Matt.

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Ok Aussie, here it is.
This is a 3 speed that I may install on the cruiser although at this stage I am happy with the single speed, less complicated too.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
AussieJester is correct, I got the clutch and starter from Yong Xing Machine Zone.
Thank you LordMaximo for your kind words.
Cheers,
Matt.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
The bike is finished and works brilliantly. The centrifical clutch, pull start and rear free wheel is awesome. Starts first pull, and it is so nice to coast almost silently without the drag of the chain.
Engine mounts work really well, a lot less vibration, and the engine doesn't wobble.
Cheers,
Matt.
I like your bike. It looks like a jet.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
That is one very cool bike, everytime I look at it it's for 'like' 20 minutes at a time. Here's why; It's art on wheels, just fantastic....great lookin' work....

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Thankyou all for the kind words, it's awesome to be able to share everybodies work on this site. I'll try and do a video soon.
Cheers,
Matt.