Clutch lever broke!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I was grabbing it from the front and I think I may have torqued it a bit in the wrong direction and it snapped. I managed to limp the bike home but I am done running until replacement parts arrive. :( The lever looks like it is made of white metal or at best cast aluminum. Pretty cheesy! Anyway it is becoming obvious that the thing to do with these bikes is replace as many of the cheap original parts with higher reliability components. Has anybody found any motorcycle parts that will act as a replacement? I want steel darn it!!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Some ATVs have killer locking clutch handles. I have not bought one yet but they are bullet proof looking. The lock flips down. not a cheesy peg. My clutch cable is from one and just as smooth as silk. Your right Finfan. Replace as much as possible with high quality parts. ATV or dirt bike parts will out live 3 motors.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
hey guys, from what i hear its illegal to carry gas in a container thats not certified for gas... you may want to look into it for your state tho