Thank you motorbicycling.com for all the info: New build 48cc

GoldenMotor.com

tgiracing

Jul 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
Just wanted to make a quick post to thank everyone for the info provided directly or through posts on the site, I couldn’t have even came close to finishing this project with my daughter without this resource. From Carb to chain issues all we needed was to search through a few posts to find solutions.

The goal was for my daughter who turned 13 over the summer to pick a project that we could do together in the shop to familiarize her with most of the equipment. The only rule was it couldn’t be something involved with racing. Out of nowhere she came up with the motorized bike idea and showed me this web site and the rest is history. She initially wanted to start with a nice cruiser bike but being 13 presented height issues. We ended up just pulling her Moms bike out of the shed, switched out the seat, pedals and bars from an old Ross. Since we were dealing with a small girl’s bike we moved the top bar up and modified the engine front mount to allow the engine to fit nicely and still allow her to fit comfortably on the bike. Best part of the build was teaching her how to think things through and to be patient. She did all the grinding, sanding, paint and assembly although I took care of the welding much to her dismay.

At this time she and her friends are having a great time riding the bike in a controlled environment.

Cheers,
Rick

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rick,
Congratulations, sir. What a great way to share time with your daughter.
We're glad you used the resources here to assist your build; which happens to be an impressive project. There is so much talent and knowledge available if people will just take the time, like you did, to use it.

Tell your daughter to, have fun and above all, ride safe.

Just one word of caution: Be careful allowing other children to ride the bike. Make sure they have the skills necessary to handle it safely.
Tom